Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   ESC Issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/esc-issues-68651.html)

BF07 12-01-2013 05:35 PM

ESC Issues

A few days ago I was driving down the highway with my cruise control on. Suddenly, the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) light pops up and immediately kills my cruise control. Beyond that nothing felt out of the ordinary.

The manual states to go through a few starts/stops before bringing it in to the dealership. Today, however, the light never popped on during a two-hour trip. With winter around the corner the last thing I want messed up is my stability control.

Anyone have a similar issue or has an advice? Should I bring it in regardless?

fnkychkn 12-01-2013 05:45 PM

Re: ESC Issues

what model year is your jeep?

13ovsummit 12-01-2013 05:47 PM

^^^ - Might help to know what year/model you have, but I haven't heard of that particular issue before. You may want to report it to your dealer in case the problem re-occurs, and ask them if they have dealt with it previously, etc.

BF07 12-02-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnkychkn (Post 938714)
what model year is your jeep?

It's a 2011 GC Limited.

fnkychkn 12-02-2013 05:56 AM

possible loss of traction? PCM will disable cruise control if ABS detects any wheel slippage.

BF07 12-02-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnkychkn (Post 938963)
possible loss of traction? PCM will disable cruise control if ABS detects any wheel slippage.

The two times it has happened was in dry and fairly warm conditions while traveling down the highway. Both times with the cruise control on.

Evolv0 12-02-2013 02:03 PM

give your dealer a call and see if there are any software updates or recalls that need to be performed.

fnkychkn 12-02-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BF07 (Post 939135)
The two times it has happened was in dry and fairly warm conditions while traveling down the highway. Both times with the cruise control on.

possible wheel speed sensor/tone ring issue?

BF07 12-16-2013 01:44 AM

I was talking to a Chrysler tech over the weekend and he believes it's a faulty sensor on one of the wheels. If there is a slight difference in tire rotation/speed, it would cause the cruise control to kick off.

When I have time to get it truly inspected I will do another update.

BF07 02-07-2014 02:24 PM

I was finally able to get this whole issue sorted out. Evidently there is an issue with the adaptive cruise control which is causing the vehicle to kick me out of the cruise control. There should be a recall on this within the next couple months.

Mods, it may help moving this over to the proper forum. My mistake originally.