Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Antenna??!??!?!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/antenna-68683.html)

Herb4372 12-02-2013 01:12 AM

Antenna??!??!?!?

3 Attachment(s)
So... As i'm still in the no-mans-land zone (D1 status)... i'm of course spending lots of time looking over every picture/video that google can find for me. And i'm wondering... Whats up with the Antenna on the KL? Has anyone looked to see if this can be replaced with the lower profile/color match version thats comes on the WK2?

Seems it would be in my best interest to drop that thing to the deck. It's kind of tall..

Has anyone looked into this or know of a reason that this antenna is better than the one on the wk2?

The only benefit i can see to the longer one is to use as a an additional tow point when my buddys 4-runner gets stuck and i dont want to rub the paint off of my shiny red tow hooks...

Attachment 32635

Attachment 32636

Attachment 32637

Gordo36 12-02-2013 06:56 AM

Re: Antenna??!??!?!?

I ordered a Mark II shark antenna by Visual Garage from Amazon.com. I have put them on several cars. They work great and are easy to put on. Look for one with the color of your car. They look just like the antennas on the Grand Cherokee. Much better than the stick in my opinion.

Herb4372 12-02-2013 08:25 AM

Gordo...

Just to clarify, you have replaced the stick on the cherokee with the mk2 and have had no issues, and it was easy to install?

That's excellent news! Thanks. Any pics?

Gordo36 12-02-2013 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Shark Fin Antenna (Visual Garage) is easy to put on. Just unscrew the stick, mark the area off with masking tape where the antenna will sit, screw the wire from inside the antenna to where the stick came out with one of the screws provided. Remove the covering on the tape of the antenna and stick it on the car. Instructions come with each antenna.

Not quite sure how to post pictures yet. Tried but I don't see that it come on this post. Will try later when I take one of the Cherokee.

Gordo36 12-02-2013 09:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's pictures I just took of the Shark antenna on the Cherokee. Not great pictures, but you can see what it looks like.

Herb4372 12-02-2013 11:44 AM

Awesome! Thanks a lot for he details and photos Gordo

Herb4372 12-02-2013 11:59 AM

One more thing... Your cherokee appears to be granite.. If correct, which color did you select from visual garage, I don't see granite

Gordo36 12-02-2013 02:59 PM

I guess the flash made the picture look like the color granite, I tried to take it too close, but my car is actually the pearlized black. I used to get these directly from Visual Garage, but there site is not active, looks like they are using Amazon as one of their suppliers and Amazon must have a contract with a company I think called Juiced Hybrids.

Gordo36 12-02-2013 04:21 PM

I forgot to mention Herb, there is no listing for a "Cherokee", so I ordered the Mark II for the Grand Cherokee. It fit fine.

scarpi 12-05-2013 05:01 PM

Looks great. Maybe they should have come with the shark antenna instead of the pole type.

Gordo36 12-06-2013 10:01 AM

I would think that the 2015 Cherokee may have the shark antenna, just as the 2014 Grand Cherokee has now.

I think the stick antenna distracts from the appearance of any car.:)