Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/looking-for-answers-about-2014-jeep-srt-and-2015-a-68743.html)

iM7md 12-03-2013 05:22 PM

looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
Hello,
I am going to buy a jeep SRT in April 2014, I would like to know if at that time Jeep will release limited edition like Alpine & Vapor?

What about 2015 model any update on that, Any changes or release date for this model?


Thanks in advance

SRTgeek 12-03-2013 06:04 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
2015 model won't start ordering until July 2014 area - delivery 3-6m after that.

No changes listed yet, but the body/engine won't be changed. The hellcat is coming to Challenger/Charger later this year and they have tested hellcat with the Wk2 but no official word on if it's coming to WK2 just yet. I'm sure the big thing is price point, keeping it well below the Porsche Cayenne Turbo etc

/we hope it is though/

As for limited editions.. nothing mentioned yet, perhaps Milous knows more?

iM7md 12-03-2013 07:24 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR8 (Post 939845)
2015 model won't start ordering until July 2014 area - delivery 3-6m after that.

No changes listed yet, but the body/engine won't be changed. The hellcat is coming to Challenger/Charger later this year and they have tested hellcat with the Wk2 but no official word on if it's coming to WK2 just yet. I'm sure the big thing is price point, keeping it well below the Porsche Cayenne Turbo etc

/we hope it is though/

As for limited editions.. nothing mentioned yet, perhaps Milous knows more?


Thanks a lot , you made my day :)

JeepGCOverland 12-03-2013 07:50 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
About a month ago Milous confirmed that the Hellcat would not appear in the WK2 (meaning it won't appear in the JGC until the at least MY2017 update, if at all). Milous has never been wrong and would have updated us if plans changed, and he has not, so it is safe to say the Hellcat is a no-go for a while.

iM7md 12-03-2013 08:12 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 939903)
About a month ago Milous confirmed that the Hellcat would not appear in the WK2 (meaning it won't appear in the JGC until the at least MY2017 update, if at all). Milous has never been wrong and would have updated us if plans changed, and he has not, so it is safe to say the Hellcat is a no-go for a while.


Thanks mate, I will buy 2014 model with a peace of mind :)

Scottina06 12-03-2013 08:40 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
no hellcat till 3rd gen srt jeep

SRTgeek 12-03-2013 09:38 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
I missed the post by Milous and he knows all, so like Scott said.. not till 3rd gen if at all (2017)

Still - you'll be thrilled with your 2014!

Scottina06 12-03-2013 10:53 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
well...it will be 2018 Jeep SRT if SRT follows its previous jeep SRT intro's

jbjones85 12-04-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 940014)
well...it will be 2018 Jeep SRT if SRT follows its previous jeep SRT intro's

That lines up with what I have read as well.

SammyinMA 01-08-2014 01:43 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
Hey guys,

Looks like it has been a month since this thread was updated, so I was curious if any new info has come up regarding any 2014 JGC special editions (ala Alpine/Vapor)??

Last I heard (about 6 months ago), was that folks expected an announcement for the 2014 around the time the 2013 Alpine and Vapor SEs were announced, which would have been Nov/Dec 2013. Obviously, that didn't happen, so I was curious what the current word is on the street.

Mike

SRTgeek 01-08-2014 04:22 PM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
Zero word on the street regarding special editions, they don't do them every year for every model so I wouldn't be shocked if there is no special edition for this year.

The 2014 SRT is plenty special as it is! :D

hound 01-09-2014 12:08 AM

Re: looking for answers about 2014 Jeep SRT & 2015?
 
Just throwing this out there, but if Jeep waits till the 2018 model year for the Hellcat, wouldn't it be outdated by then? I imagine that by 2018, HP/TQ numbers will be higher in the competition and the Hellcat would be underpowered.....again.

Who knows, maybe they have something special in the works. As history has shown us though, the good WK3 will be 2 years after the 2018 which would make the 2020 model the one to get.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community