Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Jeep Cherokee 2014 Trailhawk (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/jeep-cherokee-2014-trailhawk-68755.html)

Gordon Cormier 12-03-2013 10:12 PM

Jeep Cherokee 2014 Trailhawk

Why are HID's not offered as an option on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk? Are aftermaket products available and if so which do you recommend.

Tks

AlexTheSquid 12-04-2013 10:23 PM

Re: Jeep Cherokee 2014 Trailhawk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Cormier (Post 939984)
Why are HID's not offered as an option on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk? Are aftermaket products available and if so which do you recommend.

Tks

It is too soon to tell but I think the only thing missing between the projector lights on the TH and the Limited would be the assemblies that usually auto-level the light son bumps and such. Other than that, they seem to be identical minus the bulbs/ballasts. However I haven't been under the hood of a Limited to see.

jtdelisio 12-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Cormier (Post 939984)

Tks

Jeep engineers could correct me if I'm wrong, but any hunter will tell you that in the wilderness incandescent lighting is gonna be your best friend. You can't see as much detail with LED or Xenon lighting, so as the TH is suited to go offroading in, you don't want to misjudge an approach because your headlamps misconstrued your depth perception.

GRANTED, light rails on rock crawlers is a big thing now and they look super gnarly but those things are thousands of lumens and at that point is kind of a waste. IMHO it's just a fad that LED's have come so far to give such brightness.

Rally cars still use incandescent lighting (halogen).

Hope this helps!

ib516 12-05-2013 10:00 AM

I think they just held it back to make it a "Limited" exclusive, or because of the water fording abilities of the TH. I don't know how well HIDs do under water.

Shiva 12-07-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ib516 (Post 940706)
I think they just held it back to make it a "Limited" exclusive, or because of the water fording abilities of the TH. I don't know how well HIDs do under water.

All Grands sold in our country have a HID. There are no problems with wading and daily operation. Some use them for off-road vehicle expeditions and wading through mid doors with QL in Off-road 2 position.

hammick 12-07-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ib516 (Post 940706)

Pretty sure if you ford water over the headlights on your Trailhawk damage to your headlights will the least of your problems.

loveracing1988 12-07-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtdelisio (Post 940579)
Jeep engineers could correct me if I'm wrong, but any hunter will tell you that in the wilderness incandescent lighting is gonna be your best friend. You can't see as much detail with LED or Xenon lighting, so as the TH is suited to go offroading in, you don't want to misjudge an approach because your headlamps misconstrued your depth perception.

GRANTED, light rails on rock crawlers is a big thing now and they look super gnarly but those things are thousands of lumens and at that point is kind of a waste. IMHO it's just a fad that LED's have come so far to give such brightness.

Rally cars still use incandescent lighting (halogen).

Hope this helps!

I would much rather have hid's for the reflective nature of the light. They illuminate road signs and deer eyes a lot better than standard halogen bulbs. Rally cars still use halogens because they can tske the abuse a lot better and they are more reliable, they simply work.

4jeepdiesel 12-11-2013 06:30 PM

I couldn't find this posted anywhere else so I thought I'd put it here. It's a more aggressive version of the Trailhawk.

Jeep Cherokee Trail Carver is a more rugged Trailhawk - Autoblog

scooterha 12-12-2013 07:35 AM

I actually like the Trail Carver more than the Trail Hawk... it has more detail...

4jeepdiesel 12-12-2013 01:40 PM

The rear-end body shape kinda looks like a Mazda cross-over.

I'm sorry, but I just can't get over the front grill/headlight combo. That's the worst I've seen in quite some time. If not for that I think a lot of people might consider.

sailor80 12-12-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel (Post 944260)
The rear-end body shape kinda looks like a Mazda cross-over. I'm sorry, but I just can't get over the front grill/headlight combo. That's the worst I've seen in quite some time. If not for that I think a lot of people might consider.

Over 10,000 liked it enough to buy it the first full month of sales... To me that's a lot of people... Also for the first month...

XenonDepot 12-13-2013 03:27 PM

We should be able to get a HID kit for the new Cherokee, do you guys know what type of bulb it uses in the headlights?

I would imagine it would require a relay harness and cbfix like the Grand Cherokee.

Danny