Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rear AC question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rear-ac-question-68805.html)

Paullee01 12-05-2013 08:04 AM

Rear AC question
 
I've noticed that hardly any air blows out of the two rear vents located on the backside of the center floor console. Even when I turn the AC on full blast you can just barley feel the AC blowing out those vents. Is this normal? I thought there might have been a knob or rear AC control button that was turned off but I couldn't find one. Anyone else experience this?

Imanthony 12-08-2013 04:20 PM

My kids hate driving in my brand new Jeep because of this issue. I haven't found any way to get more air to flow.

jacko15 12-08-2013 08:30 PM

Re: Rear AC question
 
At first my rear passengers said it wasn't giving them enough cooling, but after they adjusted the direction of the vents they said it was comfortable.

TonyMontana 12-08-2013 09:35 PM

There's a toggle switch to select either floor vent or top vent. Make sure you've selected the top vent position.

Paullee01 12-09-2013 07:12 AM

Re: Rear AC question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyMontana (Post 942475)
There's a toggle switch to select either floor vent or top vent. Make sure you've selected the top vent position.

I have it in that position. How much air is coming out of your vents?

TonyMontana 12-09-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paullee01 (Post 942598)
I have it in that position. How much air is coming out of your vents?

It's doesn't blow hard but enough to feel it on your hand if you reach back and hold your hand 6" from it. About the same airflow as my Acura back seat vents had.

2014GC 12-12-2013 10:15 PM

Re: Rear AC question
 
If you are in the manual mode check to make sure the unit is blowing through the dash vents. If it is blowing through the floor and the dash vents you don't get the maximum air flow to the rear. You can check by pushing climate on the touch screen. In the auto mode it can blow through the vents and the floor at the same time depending on the outside temp. Mine works fine but only if it is set to blow through the dash vents only.

Paullee01 12-12-2013 11:19 PM

Re: Rear AC question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014GC (Post 944512)
If you are in the manual mode check to make sure the unit is blowing through the dash vents. If it is blowing through the floor and the dash vents you don't get the maximum air flow to the rear. You can check by pushing climate on the touch screen. In the auto mode it can blow through the vents and the floor at the same time depending on the outside temp. Mine works fine but only if it is set to blow through the dash vents only.

It is set to manual mode and vents only. Montana also posted that he didn't have much air blowing out of the rear vents either. When I bring it in for my first oil change I am going to have it checked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community