Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   transmission question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/transmission-question-68876.html)

pirahna 12-06-2013 07:15 PM

transmission question

So I've had my R/T for about a month about 2 weeks ago I noticed that it's not shifting as smoothly as it did it's hard to explain as I'm no mechanic but it kind of feels like it's not in the right gear. When I press the pedal their is vibration on the pedal but then goes away after either it switches gear or if I step off pedal then press it again anybody experience that before going to take it in this week

pirahna 12-06-2013 08:16 PM

Re: transmission question

Another question what's everybody's normal driving transmission temps

Gtaz19 12-07-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirahna (Post 941537)
So I've had my R/T for about a month about 2 weeks ago I noticed that it's not shifting as smoothly as it did it's hard to explain as I'm no mechanic but it kind of feels like it's not in the right gear. When I press the pedal their is vibration on the pedal but then goes away after either it switches gear or if I step off pedal then press it again anybody experience that before going to take it in this week

Yes I get that too. Sometimes it feels like it slips or something. Sounds like it revs with no connection and then finally hits. Doesn't do it every time but mostly when I let up and then gas it again... I have the R/T as well.

agonzo 12-07-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirahna (Post 941537)

I first started to notice the vibration from the cylinder deactivation after the first 500 miles. I wonder if shift points and ECO mode adjust automatically as the break in process completes.

As for the vibration, have you tried turning off the ECO mode when the vibration is happening? If the vibration stops, then it was just the cylinder deactivation causing it - which is normal. The ECO mode will default to hold the engine RPM as low as possible, so when cruising it might 'feel' like the wrong gear, when it fact it is the most efficient gear available.

I also have the HEMI and my shifts are as smooth as day 1.

vertrkr 12-07-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirahna (Post 941560)
Another question what's everybody's normal driving transmission temps

197 for tranny and 194 for oil. The tranny temp highest reading was 204 going up a long grade. Highest oil temp was 204 also in stop & go traffic.

Haven't had any vibrations of any sort but I have the V6 with a different tranny.

pirahna 12-07-2013 12:52 PM

Thanks for your input I'm goin to turn ECO mode off and see how it rides. My temps are in the same ballpark as yours so I'm happy about that I'll put a couple of more miles on it before I take it in

davewg 12-07-2013 01:38 PM

No issues here (but like vertrkr V6), and similar temps for oil/trans.

pirahna 12-09-2013 07:14 PM

OK so I drove a few days with the eco button off and she was perfect so no more eco mode for me unless I'm goin long distance plus I love the way she responds with it off thanks agonzo

Gtaz19 12-09-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirahna (Post 942902)
OK so I drove a few days with the eco button off and she was perfect so no more eco mode for me unless I'm goin long distance plus I love the way she responds with it off thanks agonzo

From
What I've read from dodge, the Eco boost only gives you 1 extra MPG in city driving, HWY it is pretty useless, someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Skistrom 12-16-2013 02:07 PM

Is there a way to make the ECO default to OFF. As it is now, everytime I start the vehicle, I have to remember to turn the button off manually.

Thanks for the help.

vertrkr 12-16-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skistrom (Post 946327)
Is there a way to make the ECO default to OFF. As it is now, everytime I start the vehicle, I have to remember to turn the button off manually.
Thanks for the help.

Nope, that's the way it is. I read in some other jeep thread some guy was making a circuit board mod to keep it off but not sure if it would work on the D. Can't find the thread now but it's around here somewhere.

Gtaz19 12-16-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 946358)
Nope, that's the way it is. I read in some other jeep thread some guy was making a circuit board mod to keep it off but not sure if it would work on the D. Can't find the thread now but it's around here somewhere.

That should be an option on Uconnect.