Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Ready to pull the trigger on an install... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ready-to-pull-the-trigger-on-an-install-68919.html)

tryan77 12-07-2013 07:29 PM

Ready to pull the trigger on an install...

Ok so I have the cash ready and will be putting my down payment down on Monday. Here is where I am at...

C2-650 Speakers
Audison Bit Ten w/ Remote
Hertz HPC4

With install and accessories it will be about $1600.

My questions are this...

1) I want to do this in 2 steps. Would it make sense to buy some coaxials for the back doors now and have them run off the stock amp? Or will it be more costly to add in step 2 (rear speakers & sub).
2) If i do add some coaxials in the rear and run them off the stock amp which speakers would you reccomend.

exlr8 12-08-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryan77 (Post 942018)
Ok so I have the cash ready and will be putting my down payment down on Monday. Here is where I am at...

C2-650 Speakers
Audison Bit Ten w/ Remote
Hertz HPC4

With install and accessories it will be about $1600.

My questions are this...

1) I want to do this in 2 steps. Would it make sense to buy some coaxials for the back doors now and have them run off the stock amp? Or will it be more costly to add in step 2 (rear speakers & sub).
2) If i do add some coaxials in the rear and run them off the stock amp which speakers would you reccomend.

Some will be more qualified to answer this one but I cannot see any significant difference either way you go in terms of when the coaxials are installed. As for the type, if you are going with C2's, go with C2 coaxials. However, I personally think the C2 components are mismatched to the other gear you list, that is more C5 territory... Just my 2c.

tryan77 12-08-2013 10:17 AM

Re: Ready to pull the trigger on an install...

Quote:

Originally Posted by exlr8 (Post 942235)
Some will be more qualified to answer this one but I cannot see any significant difference either way you go in terms of when the coaxials are installed. As for the type, if you are going with C2's, go with C2 coaxials. However, I personally think the C2 components are mismatched to the other gear you list, that is more C5 territory... Just my 2c.

Thats good info - thanks for the input. My concern is that if I dont do the coaxials right away i wont be able to take advantaqe of the bitten - timealignment etc.

I think i am going with the C5's but I will have to cancel the C2's and order over the internet.

tryan77 12-08-2013 10:35 AM

You mention the JL Coaxials but I am looking for something that I can run off the factory amp...

Also, does anyone know why I can buy the C5's for $399 on Amazon (Mobile Soundworks) and $499 from an authorized internet dealer? JL's website says not to trust any seller that is not an authorized dealer. Are these gray market items?

exlr8 12-10-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryan77 (Post 942252)
You mention the JL Coaxials but I am looking for something that I can run off the factory amp...

Also, does anyone know why I can buy the C5's for $399 on Amazon (Mobile Soundworks) and $499 from an authorized internet dealer? JL's website says not to trust any seller that is not an authorized dealer. Are these gray market items?

If your running the rear doors off the stock amp and front off a Hertz amp, the rear is not really going to be noticed anyway, so go as you please. C2's would probably be the go for the rear if you are never going to run them on an aftermarket amp.

You have higher risk with grey market items (no factory warranty) hence the lower price. I just bought some Polk's from an unauthorised dealer and whilst I haven't installed them yet, after a detailed inspection of the item and the packaging they all look 100% legit.