Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   GTHaus Exhaust install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/gthaus-exhaust-install-68926.html)

14StormTrooper 12-07-2013 10:26 PM

GTHaus Exhaust install

I got my GTHaus catback today. The ice is terrible here in TX so FedEx wouldn't deliver.... BUT that did not stop me after waiting 2 months for this exhaust. I had it installed at a buddies shop. All I can say is WOW, I was absolutely blown away by the quality of these parts. I honestly felt bad putting them under my car where no one can see them and they get beat up by the road. The quality is unmatched. The install went pretty smooth. I did not know I needed to use the clamps from the factory exhaust tips and since I had new tips put on I had to drive home with no tips and install them myself. I also could not test out the "open" mode because we ran out of time at the shop and they had to shut down and we did not align the valves in the pipes so when I tried to open valves they were hitting side wall so I have to lift it back up tomorrow loosen up 3 bolts and center up the valves and it'll be good to go. I have to say I was one happy guy when I started it up and heard it in closed mode. I plan on having it in closed mode 90% of the time and damn it sounds INCREDIBLE. I haven't heard any other system with this deep aggressive tone yet. Like I said its been terribly icey out so I won't be able to make some videos for a few days. But if you were on the fence then I would say to order it ASAP because its the real deal.

14StormTrooper 12-07-2013 10:29 PM

Re: GTHaus Exhaust install

10 Attachment(s)
Pics

14StormTrooper 12-07-2013 10:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More

jbjones85 12-07-2013 10:32 PM

That looks incredible. Can't wait for the vids.

RockstarSRT 12-07-2013 11:25 PM

Ditto on the vids.

Srt rob 69 12-07-2013 11:59 PM

Deff can't wait to hear this!

Regency 12-08-2013 12:17 AM

Subscribed for the videos.

TheRosser 12-08-2013 12:45 AM

If anyone has Instagram, he posted a couple videos of the exhaust with the flaps closed. It's better than nothing!

Red Suns 12-08-2013 01:13 AM

Definitely looks snazzy! Is there any notable weight differences in comparison to stock?

14StormTrooper 12-08-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Suns (Post 942149)
Definitely looks snazzy! Is there any notable weight differences in comparison to stock?

I am not positive on that but I would say it is heavier than the stock piping. It pretty solid stuff. Very nice quality piping.

2014Laredo 12-08-2013 02:56 AM

I'm a huge fan of Meisterchaft, it's by far my favorite exhaust, I have it on my G37 it turns the V6 mean, I love it, I seriously follow GTHaus so much I will just sit there and watch youtube videos of the cars they produce and what it does to the engine and exhaust noise of their cars, its so nice. i'm really glad that they finally started taking on american cars like the challenger and now the GC, I've watched there GC video like six times since it came out yesterday. Good choice and good taste!

Scottina06 12-08-2013 03:20 AM

meh...its ok! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

frickin' killer Tom!