Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Aux cables (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/aux-cables-6895.html)

99limited 02-24-2010 10:00 PM

Aux cables
 
im running to walmart really quick, i need new aux cables as mine are done for. will it make a difference if i buy these in the car section or the electronics section? is there a specific type for cars?

Matt 02-24-2010 10:13 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
Auxiliary cable for your iPod?

Or RCA's...?

99limited 02-24-2010 10:16 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
RCAs, run from the amp to the back of my CD player

Matt 02-24-2010 10:18 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
I'd invest the money in a decent set. The Scosche ones from WalMart are cheap and break easily. They probably aren't well shielded either. Plus, it's probably cheaper to get a nice set online (even with shipping).

99limited 02-24-2010 10:23 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 158384)
I'd invest the money in a decent set. The Scosche ones from WalMart are cheap and break easily. They probably aren't well shielded either. Plus, it's probably cheaper to get a nice set online (even with shipping).

alright man. will do. can you suggest a site? or a particular brand?

Matt 02-24-2010 10:30 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-CABLE-I1...item45f1286946

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDe...odID=KARSS2.4M

99limited 02-24-2010 10:37 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
good shit matt :thumbsup: ordering them tomorrow

JETLIFE 02-24-2010 10:53 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
I use those Monster Cables in my setup, Except for my sub. There was a shit ton of feedback out of that one, and I couldn't figure it out. Bought another cable and things are better. And it wasn't just the cable, I tried all 3.

99limited 02-24-2010 10:57 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 158429)
I use those Monster Cables in my setup, Except for my sub. There was a shit ton of feedback out of that one, and I couldn't figure it out. Bought another cable and things are better. And it wasn't just the cable, I tried all 3.

so are you saying i shouldnt do that then??

JETLIFE 02-24-2010 11:40 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
I'm just sayin' what happened to me. I can't be sure it wasn't just something with my setup. But I fixed it by buying a new RCA. So take from that what you will.

I'm still using them for my mids so.... ???

99limited 02-24-2010 11:53 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 158477)
I'm just sayin' what happened to me. I can't be sure it wasn't just something with my setup. But I fixed it by buying a new RCA. So take from that what you will.

I'm still using them for my mids so.... ???

alright man. just wanna get some feedback ya know. instead of buying a brand new wiring kit, im just gonna buy it piece by piece through the summer.:p

Rich 02-25-2010 12:22 PM

Re: Aux cables
 
If you run them down the opposite side of the jeep as power/remote you wont have problems.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community