Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Fog Lights stopped working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/fog-lights-stopped-working-68958.html)

kolby 12-08-2013 11:10 PM

Fog Lights stopped working

Hey gang first time posting, Great site....I have 04 WJ, the fog lights (round ones) they stopped working...the fuse it is still intact. I checked the relay switch and swapped it out with another and they still didn't work...The only thing i haven't done was replace/check the bulbs themselves..Anyone have another idea before i give in and take it to the shop?
thanks
kolby

Frango100 12-09-2013 05:13 AM

Re: Fog Lights stopped working

Welcome to the garage.
You could check the lights and wiring by removing the fog light relay and interconnect point 30 to 87 from the relay slot. If working ok now, the problem is probably the switch stalk or last case the BCM.
If in the first test the lights don't work, I would change 1 bulb first.

lstowell 12-09-2013 05:04 PM

You should be able to see if the filament on the bulb is still intact... if it is internally silvered enough you can't probably time for new bulbs anyway.

I'd check the bulbs first, you can stick one side to your + on the battery and use a short wire to connect the other to the - on the battery.

Or, use a cheap digital volt/ohmmeter that I wouldn't drive a vehicle without.

There is an interlock on the relay such that they won't come on if the high beams are on... another thing to check [but sorry, don't have wiring diag to tell if it is a ground enable type ckt or not]

Frango100 12-09-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 942827)
There is an interlock on the relay such that they won't come on if the high beams are on... another thing to check [but sorry, don't have wiring diag to tell if it is a ground enable type ckt or not]

Are you sure about this? I have never seen them go out when i use high beam.

kolby 12-09-2013 10:31 PM

Thanks for the info. I guess I should have checked the bulbs first. I got my hand up and under on the drive side and the flint is broken. So I guess there is my problem. Burnt out bulbs..The stock bulb is 9145 45w..I want to go brighter can u suggest an ideal bulb without changing any wires or adding any conversion kits? Or the links I found are ok and I can just change the harness.

Plug-n-play harness
Nokya 9005/9005XS Plug-N-Play heavy duty wiring harnesses

Bulbs
H10/9145 replacement fog light bulbs

Gus9890 12-13-2013 12:40 PM

My fogs also go out when the highs are on because it also has the interlock. To go brighter you might as well go ahead and order new bulbs and housings and get HIDS, pretty much plug and play, very easy to do.