Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 JGC - Is the steering wheel heated uniformly? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-jgc-is-the-steering-wheel-heated-uniformly-69011.html)

f1anatic 12-10-2013 11:43 AM

2014 JGC - Is the steering wheel heated uniformly?

Quick question about the heated steering wheel in our cars. I have a 2014 Limited with the optional packages. My steering wheel is LEATHER and heated.

Is the steering wheel supposed to heat up uniformly 360 degrees or not? Mine is heated up all around, but the upper part, 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock (if you wish) is considerably warmer than the rest of the "doughnut". Is this something that the rest of you can confirm or you all have nice toasty warmth all around?

Thanks.

Be_Prepared 12-10-2013 12:02 PM

Re: 2014 JGC - Is the steering wheel heated uniformly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 943175)
Quick question about the heated steering wheel in our cars. I have a 2014 Limited with the optional packages. My steering wheel is LEATHER and heated.

Is the steering wheel supposed to heat up uniformly 360 degrees or not? Mine is heated up all around, but the upper part, 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock (if you wish) is considerably warmer than the rest of the "doughnut". Is this something that the rest of you can confirm or you all have nice toasty warmth all around?

Thanks.

I have a '14 GC Limited also, and haven't noticed any difference in heating. Maybe it's heated uniformly, but since your hands are mostly between 10&2, the rest of the wheel is radiating heat better, and not getting as hot? I notice with the heated seats, for example, that they don't feel nearly as warm, until you're sitting on them, containing the heat. Your mileage may vary :)...

f1anatic 12-10-2013 02:39 PM

alright, what about you folks with Overland and Summit trims with wood-lined steering wheels. Is your warming up uniformly? Thanks.

silvermax04 12-10-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 943246)
alright, what about you folks with Overland and Summit trims with wood-lined steering wheels. Is your warming up uniformly? Thanks.

Summit seems to be equal

Caper 12-10-2013 02:43 PM

The heated steering wheel on my 2014 Overland has several areas that get warmer then others. Just figured it's caused by either the transfer medium or a series of small heaters located around the wheel. Either way its an option I don't think I could give up now, I like it.

TurboRush 12-10-2013 03:18 PM

I feel like the wood part is warmer, but generally consider it to be pretty uniform... this of couse could all be in my head

lstowell 12-10-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 943246)

No.

I notice two areas which are consistently hotter than the rest.
The fake woodgrain area at the top and the leather covered area right at the very bottom.

The 2 and 10 position is sorta where the naked woodgrain transitions to leather so I'd expect to feel some difference in apparent warmness there, but it is by far from the hottest area of the wheel.

Haven't taken actual contact measurements, just using bare hands on frigid mornings.

not_too_shabby 12-10-2013 05:06 PM

My buttons on the top stay cold. Is this the case for you guys?

CHALLENGERBIZJET 12-10-2013 05:17 PM

My overland steering wheel is pretty hot initially and then settles down and it's all warm after about 5-10 minutes. I never had a vehicle with that option or remote start and i wouldn't buy another one without it.