Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Seat Belt Disarm (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/seat-belt-disarm-69055.html)

clivc 12-11-2013 10:40 AM

Seat Belt Disarm

I understand the importance of wearing seat belts but would like to turn off annoying alarm when traveling short distances. Any ideas or solutions?

Prestone 12-11-2013 11:39 AM

If you search for seat belt chime disable you should find a few threads pretty easy. I would link them, but I'm not sure how to do it using this app on my phone.

jacko15 12-11-2013 12:20 PM

Re: Seat Belt Disarm

Quote:

Originally Posted by clivc (Post 943612)
I understand the importance of wearing seat belts but would like to turn off annoying alarm when traveling short distances. Any ideas or solutions?

Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:
Learning to use the search function will give you a great advantage in finding information here.

SNUKE 12-11-2013 07:17 PM

There are multiple threads covering this.
A quick google search gives you this result to them

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

jacko15 12-11-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clivc (Post 943612)

Ok, just to show I'm not a prick, I dug this out of my files. Works on my '14. :D

1. Get inside car with ignition off.
2. Close doors and buckle seat belt in drivers side.
3. Push the push start button to ACC/Run Mode (do not turn on engine). This means only push the push start button, no need to depress brake, doing so will turn engine on, a big no no.
4. Wait for red seat belt light to turn off.
5. Unbuckle and rebuckle seat belt at least 3 times ending with seatbelt buckled. ( I unbuckled and rebuckled 4 times and it worked)
6. Push the push start button (turns off display). You will hear a single chime if you succeeded.

SNUKE 12-11-2013 10:36 PM

While were not being pricks and adding to the amount of threads with this same info.
Here are the three methods that have been posted around, all slightly different.
None of them worked for my MY14.
My No.3 is the same as Jacko's post.

DISABLE SEAT BELT ALARM - 1
1) First get in the Jeep. Close all doors and windows.
2) Turn the ignition to the off position.
3) Then fasten your drivers seat belt.
4) Push the black ignition start button. The seatbelt dashboard indicator light will soon shut off.
5) Within 45 seconds of starting the truck, undo and then reconnect your safety belt three times or more. Once done leave the belt on.
6) Now turn off the truck.
7) Next listen for a bell to go off just once to confirm that the system took the reprogramming of the seatbelt alarm.
8) Your seatbelt alarm should now be turned off. If it didnt take try it again making sure that you did all the disabling steps fast enough.

DISABLE SEAT BELT ALARM - 2
1) get into the car
2) before turning anything on, buckle up.
3) put the car in run mode (meaning press the on/off button twice. once to put it into ACC mode, then second time to put it into run mode where the car performs all its checks. do not keep you foot on the break, as that will obviously turn the car on)
4) after having placed the car in RUN mode, wait until the little red seatbelt symbol disappears, after the car had run through its checks.
5) after the symbol has disappeared, unbuckle and buckle 3 times. make sure to end the 3rd unbuckling with being buckled up.
6) after having performed the unbuckling procedure 3 times, press the on/off button again to turn the car off. (remember, you have never actually started the engine yet).
7) after having pressed the on/of button, you should hear a single "chime". that means the seat belt chine is gone! next time you start the car, there will no longer be any seatbelt sounds.

DISABLE SEAT BELT ALARM - 3
1. Get inside car with ignition off.
2. Close doors and buckle seat belt in drivers side.
3. Push the push start button to ACC/Run Mode (do not turn on engine). This means only push the push start button, no need to depress brake, doing so will turn engine on, a big no no.
4. Wait for red seat belt light to turn off.
5. Unbuckle and rebuckle seat belt at least 3 times ending with seatbelt buckled. ( I unbuckled and rebuckled 4 times and it worked)
6. Push the push start button (turns off display). You will hear a single chime if you succeeded.

The unbuckled warning will still appear in the cluster every time you start driving from a stand still, but it disappears within seconds. more importantly, there is no more that annoying chime!!!!

jacko15 12-11-2013 10:40 PM

Snuke, why no love. Did Chrysler do something different with the belt system in Oz models?

SNUKE 12-11-2013 10:46 PM

No, others with Aus cars have had success.

Apparently the car thinks I’m a prick so is giving me no love.
It won’t programme one of these keys too.
Once I install the latest Uconnect update that just got released (13.43.7) I will give it another go.
I will probably spend more time trying to get this working than the time it bugs me as we drive to or from the front gate to house (500 feet).
That is the only time the seat belts are off while car is on.

jacko15 12-11-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 943988)
I will probably spend more time trying to get this working than the time it bugs me as we drive to or from the front gate to house (500 feet).
That is the only time the seat belts are off while car is on.

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just the principle. The only time I drive without being buckled is when I back out of my garage, at the back of my lot, 50 ft. to the gate to my back door.

SNUKE 12-12-2013 06:06 AM

I did the 13.43.7 uconnect update, made no difference, still wont work.
Good thing though, my other programmed worked for the first time to setting one straight away.

bill_de 12-12-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 943967)
Ok, just to show I'm not a prick, I dug this out of my files. Works on my '14. :D

That doesn't prove anything. :(

:lol:

---

jacko15 12-12-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 944130)
That doesn't prove anything. :(---

It proves I know how to search my own files. :cool:
Other than that, just another empty gesture, filling up the server. :rolleyes: