Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Renting a G.C. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/renting-a-g-c-69098.html)

Damn Dude 12-12-2013 12:24 PM

Renting a G.C.

My Summit is still D1 so I have a long wait before delivery.

Was thinking of renting a G.C. for a week to make a run to Colorado over Christmas. I believe Enterprise has them, but not sure who else in the Phoenix area does. Anyone rented a G.C. in Arizona recently?

lstowell 12-12-2013 02:44 PM

Re: Renting a G.C.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn Dude (Post 944228)
My Summit is still D1 so I have a long wait before delivery.

Was thinking of renting a G.C. for a week to make a run to Colorado over Christmas. I believe Enterprise has them, but not sure who else in the Phoenix area does. Anyone rented a G.C. in Arizona recently?

Looks like pretty much every major and several minor rental places in Phoenix have them. Whether these are the '14s or still 13's would probably require asking that location.

I'd also ask what kind of tires they have, depending on where you are heading in Colorado, as I dunno if Phoenix rentals would tend to be intended for skiers like those around Denver tend to be. If you are going over the divide, you'd want snow tires or expect to be slowing down a lot.

Medpilot 12-12-2013 04:33 PM

I live in Phoenix, so I haven't had to rent a car here. I've been up to Seattle twice this year and rented a Grand Cherokee on both occasions.

I put my reservation in with Enterprise because they advertise a GC as their standard SUV. But as you know, you may get a "or similar" SUV. Both times Enterprise sent me over to National rental car because they had a few GC's available. I guess Enterprise, National and Alamo are all owned by the same company. FWIW, I'd start by calling National as they rent "higher end" vehicles and maybe more apt to have them.

Both times I've rented a GC, once in March and once in November, they were 2014 Limited w/tech group. First was the V8 and the second time was the V6.

Great experience if you want to get a long term feel for the car, or are just wanting a fix for the time in between ordering one.

Damn Dude 12-12-2013 06:20 PM

Thx. for the info.

I'm going to hit up an Enterprise a few miles away and see if I can get them to commit to having a specific vehicle in advance.

Then off to National if need be.

ClarkKent 12-12-2013 08:36 PM

I've rented a GC from Enterprise in LA, but it's plates said Arizona if that counts for anything! My research found that it was only the airport locations that had 2014 models in their fleet. The local Enterprise locations down the street only had older models.

The rental experience really does help you get a great feel for the car. I took it up a couple hills and played with some features before dialing in on what I really wanted to order.

Good luck.

Jim_in_PA 12-12-2013 09:35 PM

I got a JGC in Birmingham AL from Budget awhile back...so you might check with them in your area, too.