Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Sevice Manual CD Update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/sevice-manual-cd-update-69125.html)

padgett 12-12-2013 10:48 PM

Sevice Manual CD Update

Received the third edition of the Service Manual on CD for my '12 WK2 today. Now works with IE 11 so will function on my Tablet. If you have an earlier version let customer service know you want the new one.

ColdCase 12-13-2013 02:25 PM

Re: Sevice Manual CD Update

If you have several manuals for different models, they will put them on the same disk for you. After looking through the Liberty wiring diagrams, it makes me frustrated that the WK2 ones are not on the disk... :(

I had some issues after the latest Window 8 update, but eventually I saw the active dx warning and things have worked fine since.

lstowell 12-13-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 944803)
If you have several manuals for different models, they will put them on the same disk for you. After looking through the Liberty wiring diagrams, it makes me frustrated that the WK2 ones are not on the disk... :(

I had some issues after the latest Window 8 update, but eventually I saw the active dx warning and things have worked fine since.

Are the '14 WK2 out yet?

I like having them so I can at least check stupid stuff myself when taking it in for service... or doing non-warranted stuff myself.

The Evil Twin 12-14-2013 08:21 AM

Is this a FSM from Mopar or someone else? Interested in getting one for brake work, service, etc.

ColdCase 12-15-2013 09:33 PM

Check https://www.techauthority.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx for status

Doesn't look like the 2014 service manual is out yet. If I recall correctly, there is typically a two year delay. You may want to look at some of the reviews, it could be more useful. There is no search function, for example. WK2 wiring diagrams are not included.

lstowell 12-16-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 946024)
Check https://www.techauthority.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx for status

Doesn't look like the 2014 service manual is out yet. If I recall correctly, there is typically a two year delay. You may want to look at some of the reviews, it could be more useful. There is no search function, for example. WK2 wiring diagrams are not included.

Thanx

As long as the files are not locked against read, there's a little search engine available from Australia that could be used to create a searchable version and put it back on CD, so thats not a big worry.

No wiring diagrams sucks--that was the section I used most to locate and either get rid of gremlins or at least point a dealer tech in the right direction. Will check later to see if thats been moved to an expanded body diagnostic manual or similar.

Raptor 12-16-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 944528)
Received the third edition of the Service Manual on CD for my '12 WK2 today. Now works with IE 11 so will function on my Tablet. If you have an earlier version let customer service know you want the new one.

I called TechAuthority today and they told me the third edition update is only available as an e-mail update! Is this how you received your 3rd edition update? Or did you get another disc??

I received the second edition update as a complete stand alone disc, just like the original one disc service Manual CD.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2012 Service Information CD (English) Part # 81-370-12064-CD 2012.

Raptor 12-23-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 944528)

Let me ask one more time as it appears you have me on the pay no mind list! :cool:

I called TechAuthority today and they told me the third edition update is only available as an e-mail update! Is this how you received your 3rd edition update? Or did you get another disc??

padgett 12-23-2013 08:41 PM

What is the idea ? They send a few files and you burn a new CD ? Since the files are a mishmash of SVGs, GIFs, JPGs, .JS, .XML. and .HTML files it would be interesting to see how a search will work.

There are some wiring diagrams but just enough on how to troubleshoot individual codes, not general ones.

Just ordered a similar one for my 07 Crossfire ($41 for the CD but $65 after they tack everything on). Wonder if it will work with IE11. Thought about ordering a Wiring diagram but paper only, $88, plus yet another $13 for shipping (no combo).

These are Chrysler manuals produced by Bosch and sold by Tech Authority.

ps since my WK2 is running perfectly and I bought a Crossfire, have been spending more time on that forum. Also trying to figure out how to charge new Bay Trail tab and use USB at the same time. Also have a day job.

Raptor 12-27-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 949550)
What is the idea ? They send a few files and you burn a new CD ? Since the files are a mishmash of SVGs, GIFs, JPGs, .JS, .XML. and .HTML files it would be interesting to see how a search will work.

There are some wiring diagrams but just enough on how to troubleshoot individual codes, not general ones.

Just ordered a similar one for my 07 Crossfire ($41 for the CD but $65 after they tack everything on). Wonder if it will work with IE11. Thought about ordering a Wiring diagram but paper only, $88, plus yet another $13 for shipping (no combo).

Are you saying wiring diagrams are available as a book or paper?? For WK'2s??

These are Chrysler manuals produced by Bosch and sold by Tech Authority.

ps since my WK2 is running perfectly and I bought a Crossfire, have been spending more time on that forum. Also trying to figure out how to charge new Bay Trail tab and use USB at the same time. Also have a day job.

Again, not really sure what you are saying here???? :confused:

Did you get the third edition update as a complete disc or did they e-mail you the update and you burned your own disc?????????