Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Can your WK2 SRT8 Do this? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/can-your-wk2-srt8-do-this-69181.html)

Setoutguy 12-14-2013 10:35 AM

Can your WK2 SRT8 Do this?

Short film of 2014 Range Rover Sport record crossing of Saudi Arabia's Empty Quarter - Autoweek

Watch the video, Scottie! I believe a WK2 with one of the ORA packages can.

Shame the Wk2 SRT8 doesn't go both ways. Might be a result of the lack of talent at SRT.

Only mod to RR Sport was a skid plate.

SRT should seriously consider the Dakar Rally Raid in 2015. Shame Robbie went over to GM.

JeepGCOverland 12-14-2013 10:41 AM

Re: Can your WK2 SRT8 Do this?

SRT stands for "Street and Racing Technology". Notice that off-road is not mentioned anywhere. The JGC SRT is not meant for (and was not designed for) off-road, it is meant for street use and it is quite good at what it does. The fact that the SRT is not as good as the RRS off-road is solely due to the fact that the SRT is not supposed to go off-road, not due to the lack of talent at SRT. The SRT is also WAYYY less money than the RRS.

Why did you even join this forum? It doesn't seem like you like the JGC at all. All you have done is b*tch about how bad the JGC is compared to vehicles like the RRS (which is not completely true) and talk about how you herd dogs. No one cares. You do not contribute to the forum positively in any way, shape, or form. On behalf of all of us at JeepGarage, f*ck off.

xJoshxx 12-14-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setoutguy (Post 945200)
Short film of 2014 Range Rover Sport record crossing of Saudi Arabia's Empty Quarter - Autoweek

Watch the video, Scottie! I believe a WK2 with one of the ORA packages can.

Shame the Wk2 SRT8 doesn't go both ways. Might be a result of the lack of talent at SRT.

Only mod to RR Sport was a skid plate.

SRT should seriously consider the Dakar Rally Raid in 2015. Shame Robbie went over to GM.

http://www.troll.me/images2/grammar-...body-cares.jpg

Strongjeff 12-14-2013 11:52 AM

I think an overland with quadra lift would rape an RRS

zeprider25 12-14-2013 02:42 PM

every post is the same from you. why are you here instead of rangerovercarport.com

dsi jeep 12-14-2013 02:50 PM

Looks like a commercial made by Rover for Rover considering there were only Rovers on the finish line....
Here is how actually they do in the dunes compared to Jeep.....
LAND ROVER LR3 AND RANGE ROVER AND JEEP DUNE CLIMBING - YouTube

Strongjeff 12-14-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsi jeep (Post 945315)
Looks like a commercial made by Rover for Rover considering there were only Rovers on the finish line....
Here is how actually they do in the dunes compared to Jeep.....
LAND ROVER LR3 AND RANGE ROVER AND JEEP DUNE CLIMBING - YouTube

that is funny, I like the part where the rover got stuck and got winched out by the jeep! :lol::lol:

f1anatic 12-14-2013 03:16 PM

But this video is not fair to Range//Land Rover.

You are matching a preeminently off-road car (Wrangler) and compare it against a mostly on-road vehicle. Why not compare a Wrangler (JK) against an LR Defender, since the "fight" in the same category.

As for this whole conversation, have you not tried this topic 1- weeks ago? It's old news.

Radknight 12-14-2013 03:49 PM

I saw another video with a tug of war between a Defender and a Ram 4x4 Pickup. Of course the Defender won. I didn't see the point. I love the Defender but it's like LR/RR owners feel inadequate or that they aren't being acknowledged for something. I have a friend that's in MENSA. He says it's basically a way for smart guys to be acknowledged for being smart because nobody else does. Same thing.

Sorry but regardless of what Jeremy Clarkson thinks, LR/RR aren't that great. I checked out the Evoque and Discovery and could have easily picked one up. Nice but not 'Wow' nice. Coming from a service background the lack of service and horrible reliability reputation scared me away. And going to a Jeep, that says a lot.

This thread is a bit trollish. As the man said above, go check out RangeRoverGushers.com.

dsi jeep 12-14-2013 03:54 PM

I am sorry RR are nice vehicles almost like Jeep, but this is so funny....

Range Rover stuck in 6" of snow - YouTube

f1anatic 12-14-2013 04:07 PM

the SRT with narrow profile tires and summer or summer-biased tires will fail equally spectacularly.

combine the bad tired with lack of knowledge of how to drive and failure to use 4LOW and you get such hilarious moments. Nothing wrong with that car or its technology except the tires and its driver.

MAXGroup 12-14-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongjeff (Post 945231)
I think an overland with quadra lift would rape an RRS

No need for rape, my overland is so handsome the RR will surrender gladly :-)