Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2019+ Grand Wagoneer-WS (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f210/)
-   -   New Wagoneer List of Demands (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f210/new-wagoneer-list-of-demands-69290.html)

MAXGroup 12-16-2013 05:46 PM

New Wagoneer List of Demands

I'm hoping to revive this topic and maybe get some vibe going around the new Waggy!

I currently own a Maserati Gran Turismo, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Durango R/T, and a 1991 jeep grand Wagoneer. Which makes me either a brand enthusiast and a potential smart customer, or just certifiable, depending on who you ask.

These are my list of demands from Jeep for the new Wagoneer, and if they are not met, shall be forced to keep driving my 1991 :-)

1. New exterior design that looks like the new Grand Cherokee SRT. A little bigger then the Durango.
2. A top of the line de chromed version.
3. Use the same leather materials as my Maserati, and allow me to choose the stitching and leather color (Yellow stitching on black please)
4. Let me choose any color I want from the jeep fleet, detonator yellow please :-)
5. Keep current head unit and keep improving it
6. 7 seats like the Durango, electric headrests and folding seats
7. Keep the current 8 speed tranny
8. Include the quadra drive and air suspension, locking diffs please
9. Hellcat engine
10. Call the top of the line Wagoneer, Chief, or Willis, or some other retro name to keep the sentimental guys happy
11. No fake wood!
12. No fake wood, ever inside or outside!
13. Ignore the design of the old Waggy, it is a beautiful vehicle, but it was designed in the 60's, the goal is not a Beatle, a mini, or a PT cruiser, but a modern luxury car.
14. Include everything in the top of the line model, just let us choose colors and customize the interior.
15. Keep it under 90K, but not by much
16. Oh yes, and a built in winch, with synthetic rope, and matching JEEP gloves so I can look all spiffy when I'm on a real trail, and need to give a rangy a pull from a ditch

Ferrari made beautiful vehicles that were successful from the 60's on and never once made a retro look, so no fake wood and clumsy design!

And remember, I hold an America Icon hostage, and if jeep doesn't answer my demands, I may need to go off roading in my 23 year old Waggy, and peel all the fake wood off :-)

Marlon_JB2 12-24-2013 08:42 PM

Re: New Wagoneer List of Demands

With what I know about the WS...

Some of that will come true.

And more.

Of course I can't say what will come true. :)

MAXGroup 12-29-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 949925)
With what I know about the WS... Some of that will come true. And more. Of course I can't say what will come true. :)

You are a tease!

Now what do I need to do to get the first one off the line...........

Marlon_JB2 12-29-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXGroup (Post 951573)
You are a tease!

Now what do I need to do to get the first one off the line...........

You WANT a pilot build? :lol:

No... you don't.... you should have seen the first 2011 WK pilots!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

MAXGroup 12-31-2013 02:43 PM

Good point.

So from your experience, how far down productions is a good time? A couple of weeks?

Marlon_JB2 12-31-2013 02:47 PM

I had one of the first PRODUCTION 2008 Dodge Avengers off the line at SHAP.

Never again.

Setoutguy 12-31-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXGroup (Post 946462)
I'm hoping to revive this topic and maybe get some vibe going around the new Waggy!

I currently own a Maserati Gran Turismo, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Durango R/T, and a 1991 jeep grand Wagoneer. Which makes me either a brand enthusiast and a potential smart customer, or just certifiable, depending on who you ask.

These are my list of demands from Jeep for the new Wagoneer, and if they are not met, shall be forced to keep driving my 1991 :-)

1. New exterior design that looks like the new Grand Cherokee SRT. A little bigger then the Durango.
2. A top of the line de chromed version.
3. Use the same leather materials as my Maserati, and allow me to choose the stitching and leather color (Yellow stitching on black please)
4. Let me choose any color I want from the jeep fleet, detonator yellow please :-)
5. Keep current head unit and keep improving it
6. 7 seats like the Durango, electric headrests and folding seats
7. Keep the current 8 speed tranny
8. Include the quadra drive and air suspension, locking diffs please
9. Hellcat engine
10. Call the top of the line Wagoneer, Chief, or Willis, or some other retro name to keep the sentimental guys happy
11. No fake wood!
12. No fake wood, ever inside or outside!
13. Ignore the design of the old Waggy, it is a beautiful vehicle, but it was designed in the 60's, the goal is not a Beatle, a mini, or a PT cruiser, but a modern luxury car.
14. Include everything in the top of the line model, just let us choose colors and customize the interior.
15. Keep it under 90K, but not by much
16. Oh yes, and a built in winch, with synthetic rope, and matching JEEP gloves so I can look all spiffy when I'm on a real trail, and need to give a rangy a pull from a ditch

Ferrari made beautiful vehicles that were successful from the 60's on and never once made a retro look, so no fake wood and clumsy design!

And remember, I hold an America Icon hostage, and if jeep doesn't answer my demands, I may need to go off roading in my 23 year old Waggy, and peel all the fake wood off :-)

The rangy will be pulling you out or giving you a ride to the trailhead so you can meet the tow truck. You never have to pulla 2014 rangy from a ditch.

Scottina06 12-31-2013 04:44 PM

yeah...they will rarely be seen off the RR dealers car lifts....never to be seen in a ditch

barho 01-07-2014 06:29 PM

If these are anywhere near $90K I will be sick. Should be in-line with Tahoe or Denali, not a penny more.

lstowell 01-08-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXGroup (Post 952713)
Good point.

So from your experience, how far down productions is a good time? A couple of weeks?

Judging from the new Cherokee, months.
Judging from the teething problems on the '14 GC, half a year or better.

lstowell 01-08-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barho (Post 956347)
If these are anywhere near $90K I will be sick. Should be in-line with Tahoe or Denali, not a penny more.

I have mixed feelings about wood exterior theme. It almost wouldn't seem like a real Wagoneer without it... but it should be real wood, not cheap plastic.

Zoot up the Durango to Summit levels and put in a 6.4 engine to give it some beanpower and call it a Wagoneer. Offer metal sides, and a modest selection of real wood exterior--and possibly a nod to modern themes with carbon fiber in place of the wood. Make sure all three rows of seats are comfortable.

MAXGroup 01-08-2014 06:33 PM

What's with the wood fetish :-)

There are some more modern materials that could be used on a luxury SUV.

Aluminum body to save weight, or carbon fiber doors and panels and so on.

Unless we are saying that without fake wood you can't have a Waggy, if this is the case, a real wagon (the Waggy's granddaddy) had a horse in front which is even more retro, and doesn't use fossil fuel at all...........

Oh and just to make my point, the original Wagoneer / cherokee chief didn't have no wood on it! this was only on later models to create some "luxury" effect.