Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/)
-   -   GCLTD10's Build Thread (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/gcltd10s-build-thread-69356.html)

GC10LTD 12-18-2013 11:11 AM

GCLTD10's Build Thread

2 Attachment(s)
It all started when I graduated High school. I got my 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee as my graduation gift. This is the first picture I took with it!

Attachment 33306

It stayed stock for a while, over a year to be exact. And then came my first mod, to go to black jeep wheels. Being a college student and not being able to afford $500 new black wheels, I used some plastidip. Here is one in the process shots.

Attachment 33307

iamshark 12-19-2013 06:44 AM

Re: GCLTD10's Build Thread

Lost my Jeep cherry after several beach failures with a poorly equipped S-10 pickup and never looked back; minus one run in with a Durango, but that's another story. How did the plastidip treat you? A good friend swore by it and even dabbled in coating some 12/0 Penn fishing reels with it.

GC10LTD 12-19-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamshark (Post 947728)
Lost my Jeep cherry after several beach failures with a poorly equipped S-10 pickup and never looked back; minus one run in with a Durango, but that's another story. How did the plastidip treat you? A good friend swore by it and even dabbled in coating some 12/0 Penn fishing reels with it.

You've gotta give it time to set up and dry with each coat. Especially on the wheels. If you rush through it, it will turn out shitty. I usually take a day to do all 4 wheels. And I suggest taking each wheel off and doing it that way. Just jack it up and take each tire off and do it

iamshark 12-19-2013 09:21 PM

Will keep that in mind. Wasn't sure if it would hold up or not. Here I guess the salt would be the biggest issue. Thanks for the input. Appricieate it.

GC10LTD 12-20-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamshark (Post 948068)
Will keep that in mind. Wasn't sure if it would hold up or not. Here I guess the salt would be the biggest issue. Thanks for the input. Appricieate it.

If you're worried about salt, I'd save your money and get some Cragar Soft 8's. I had a set on my 01 GC but got rid of them when I got my 2010 GC

iamshark 12-21-2013 05:44 AM

I will make note of that. Will be a while before I change any Rim/Tires I think. I need to get the 2" Body lift first to allow for a bigger tire. Probably makes sense for me to simply buy Black Rims :)
Thanks for the info. Happy Holidays

GC10LTD 12-27-2013 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hope everyone had a good holiday! I know I had a great Christmas! I got one thing I've been wanting ever since I got my Jeep, a K&N Intake System. So I asked for the 77 Series High-Flow Intake Kit for Christmas and well, here it is!

I installed it in a little over an hour. Sorry about the horrible picture quality. I was trying to install it early in the morning before I had a trip to go on later yesterday afternoon so I only took 2 or 3 progress shots.

Attachment 33600

I didn't get one after I installed the filter cause I had to get on the road but I did get this one on my trip. The last reading I had was 12.1 on the highway, so I saw a huge difference. However, I am not making any quick conclusions until I have run a few tanks of fuel through it.

Attachment 33601

GC10LTD 12-27-2013 12:31 PM

I also got a MOPAR Class IV towing package with the wiring harness and bezel for my Jeep. I just have to wait to get a new bumper that is already cut out where the hitch receiver will go. I'm not sure if I will need the bezel for that but I have two if anyone needs one. I'll make sure to update the thread as to whether I needed it or not. I'm pretty excited to install it honestly.

I know it may sound weird to own a jeep without a hitch already installed from the factory but mine was a gift from the grandparents, and they didn't have any use for a towing package so they decided against it.

I have some extra $$$ now that the holiday is over, and my birthday is next week so I will have a few more mods coming very soon. Not sure if I want to do my interior LEDs next or front tow hooks. Any ideas?

Gojeep 01-04-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GC10LTD (Post 947858)
You've gotta give it time to set up and dry with each coat. Especially on the wheels. If you rush through it, it will turn out shitty. I usually take a day to do all 4 wheels. And I suggest taking each wheel off and doing it that way. Just jack it up and take each tire off and do it

How long are you waiting between coats? Also how many coats as about to do mine this week. Temps will be around 80*F.

Cheers

GC10LTD 01-04-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojeep (Post 954346)
How long are you waiting between coats? Also how many coats as about to do mine this week. Temps will be around 80*F. Cheers

I'm waiting around 10-15 minutes considering it was around 35 degrees when I did it.

DAVY27 01-04-2014 11:30 AM

nice Jeep!

as for the towing..If you can manage to get your reAR bumper off, on the inside, there are the outlines for the hitch cutout. You can do it your self or send it to a shop to save some $$ from a new bumper.

Gojeep 01-05-2014 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GC10LTD (Post 954386)
I'm waiting around 10-15 minutes considering it was around 35 degrees when I did it.

Thanks for that. I heard that it flows a bit better when warmer too and get less texture.