Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   Salesperson said can't use non factory wheels (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/salesperson-said-cant-use-non-factory-wheels-69379.html)

uoweducks 12-18-2013 09:20 PM

Salesperson said can't use non factory wheels

When purchasing my new rig the salesperson told me that due to the torque that the diesel engine puts out that jeep does not advise using wheels that did not come with it.

Two questions;

Is that BS?

Would that also preclude me from using spacers?

I have the 18" stock wheels on my 2014 limited eco diesel. Would like to expire other options. Any help?

Zybane 12-18-2013 09:54 PM

Re: Salesperson said can't use non factory wheels

Yes
No
"Salesman" :lol:

JeepGCOverland 12-18-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zybane (Post 947619)
Yes
No
"Salesman" :lol:

^This

The salesperson's statement is completely ridiculous. I'm not sure if he made it up on the spot or really believes it, but that makes no sense at all.

jbjones85 12-18-2013 10:07 PM

Total bs.

Scottina06 12-18-2013 10:16 PM

wow...first time Ive heard that one

crabman 12-18-2013 10:35 PM

Salesmen can be good for a laugh. Still I've never seen Jeep or any other manufacturer advice using wheels other than stock and when you think about it that would be a rather silly move on their part anyways. Not saying its a bad idea mind you, I'm saying no OEM is going to tell you, "Hell Yeah! Throw some random wheel of unknown quality, size, construction, and suitability on there". lol Just isn't going to happen.

uoweducks 12-18-2013 10:58 PM

Thanks,
I figured it was BS. The context of the conversation was that I was asking about swapping in some 20" off another jeep. I think he just didn't want to go down that route.

Loving my ride and very glad to have found this website. Great resource for a 1st time Jeep owner. Not missing my x5!

SNUKE 12-18-2013 11:31 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Slow down there tiger.
You want to what, take the 20s of another Jeep that could also have a diesel fitted in it.

Where the hell did you get the idea that would work.

joenjulie 12-19-2013 10:26 AM

Weird, the dealer took my winter set up off the one I traded for me and said nothing...and I'm trading because it partially because it has drivetrain issues. They said the couldn't put them on the new one, they have deliver it as it comes from the factory.

I said, what about the 2 lifted jeeps w/ aftermarket wheels and 35's on them on the lot, ones in the showroom, brand new...I know who you bought the wheels from, he's my buddy, and none of that stuff...mopar lift, wheels/tires, winch bumper(AEV) came from the factory. Well, apparently "dealer installed" is okay.

Did the salesman have a short sleeve plaid shirt with a short wide tie?

Shannon 12-19-2013 01:12 PM

To quote my favorite comedian:"you can't fix stupid"

lstowell 12-19-2013 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by uoweducks (Post 947606)
When purchasing my new rig the salesperson told me that due to the torque that the diesel engine puts out that jeep does not advise using wheels that did not come with it.

Two questions;

Is that BS?

Would that also preclude me from using spacers?

I have the 18" stock wheels on my 2014 limited eco diesel. Would like to expire other options. Any help?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Apparently the sales type is either a moron [no offense intended to morons] a liar, or just plain stupid.

The diesel has notable torque, but not really all that much when compared to modified vehicles for which aftermarket wheels are obligatory.

e.g. Hennessey twin-turbo 6.4 crammed in...

crabman 12-19-2013 08:00 PM

I was just eyeballing these... TR40 Series - TR45 | HRE Performance Wheels :)