Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Lift kit suggestions?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/lift-kit-suggestions-69401.html)

buckeyejeep 12-19-2013 03:08 PM

Lift kit suggestions??
 
I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and am wondering of the most common lift that guys have out there. around 2" or 3"?

yoda42 12-20-2013 02:41 AM

I highly recommend this lift
http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/...pension-system
Have had it for 12 months plus and very happy

phishbum 12-20-2013 09:07 AM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
Not sure where you're located, but I believe Murchison is currently only available in Australia. They seem to be working on US distro, however.

Right now, Rocky Road and Dobinson are the only two I know of that offer lift kits in the US.

yoda42 12-20-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishbum (Post 948231)
Not sure where you're located, but I believe Murchison is currently only available in Australia. They seem to be working on US distro, however. Right now, Rocky Road and Dobinson are the only two I know of that offer lift kits in the US.

Murchison will freight to the US, you've just got to be willing to pay to freight :-), and yes I am in AUS, just wanted to get the info out that the first full lift kit (not just spacers) comes from Aus and you US guys should start looking outside the US for good 4x4 gear ;-), come on Aussie, come on, come on, come on Aussie, come on, come on :-)

buckeyejeep 12-21-2013 09:21 AM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
Thanks but I live in Ohio in the States so I think I'm just gonna go with RRO. I think that freight will be a pretty penny...thanks though!

Torque24 12-26-2013 03:50 PM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyejeep (Post 948655)
Thanks but I live in Ohio in the States so I think I'm just gonna go with RRO. I think that freight will be a pretty penny...thanks though!

I have the RRO on my 13 Laredo and love it did lose some alignment adjustment could get the 5 for road grade only was able to get 3 other then that no issues and I love the look

Setoutguy 12-26-2013 04:54 PM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyejeep (Post 948655)
Thanks but I live in Ohio in the States so I think I'm just gonna go with RRO. I think that freight will be a pretty penny...thanks though!


I would seriously take a look at the Murchison. It is better designed than the RRO and they have a better reputation. You get what you pay for.

xKILLROYx 12-27-2013 09:13 AM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torque24 (Post 950423)
I have the RRO on my 13 Laredo and love it did lose some alignment adjustment could get the 5 for road grade only was able to get 3 other then that no issues and I love the look

wouldn't those control arms RRO sells fix that?

Torque24 12-27-2013 03:05 PM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xKILLROYx (Post 950677)
wouldn't those control arms RRO sells fix that?

I believe they would I don't really notice, all it does is help keep your vehicle from wondering on the roads. Roads and graded on a 5 percent grade so they allign it to help it travel a straight line, but I've not noticed the difference. I've talked to quite a few people on this forum before purchasing mine one lady had hers for almost 2 years and had no problem with it.

AT71 12-30-2013 11:46 PM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
does anyone know the basic difference between the RRO & the Murchinson lift???

yoda42 12-31-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AT71 (Post 952480)
does anyone know the basic difference between the RRO & the Murchinson lift???

The RRO lift is just spacers on top of the struts/shocks.
The Murchison Products is new longer (slightly heavier rate) springs front and rear and top out plates front and rear (so your struts and shocks don't bang into the top bump stops all the time when fully extended) the ride of the Murchison lift is just a bit firmer than stock (IMHO it is a better feeling ride)

nasg 01-18-2014 05:24 PM

Re: Lift kit suggestions??
 
I am living in Oman and need to buy a 2.5" lift kit for my 2013 WK2 5.7 Hemi,
Now the question which one to buy RRO or the Murchinson ? What are the pros &cons?
thanks;

BR;


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community