Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/candy-fell-in-battery-compartment-going-to-go-insane-69402.html)

1quick1 12-19-2013 03:56 PM

Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
So I had a bag of sweet tart candy spill on my passenger seat. Now they all made their way on to the floor and in to the battery compartment.

Do I really need to pull the fukin seat to get to this? They are all rolling around the battery bay and I can't get underneath it to get them out.

Sorry just ranting but man the sound of that candy rolling around ALL the time will drive me nuts.

Candy for reference.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...kIi6zow5Ky9nAw

Chunderboy 12-19-2013 04:03 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1quick1 (Post 947912)
So I had a bag of sweet tart candy spill on my passenger seat. Now they all made their way on to the floor and in to the battery compartment.

Do I really need to pull the fukin seat to get to this? They are all rolling around the battery bay and I can't get underneath it to get them out.

Sorry just ranting but man the sound of that candy rolling around ALL the time will drive me nuts.

Candy for reference.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...kIi6zow5Ky9nAw


At least it wasn't chocolate.

As to your question, if that compartment is the same as the one under the drivers seat, just roll the seat all the way forward and get into the backseat. You should see a "door" that is under the seat that you just need to lift up. Then you should have access to the compartment.

1quick1 12-19-2013 04:05 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 947916)
At least it wasn't chocolate.

As to your question, if that compartment is the same as the one under the drivers seat, just roll the seat all the way forward and get into the backseat. You should see a "door" that is under the seat that you just need to lift up. Then you should have access to the compartment.

Thanks, I am glad it's not something that will (hopefully) be damaging something.

On mine the battery is under the passenger seat. If I put the seat all the way back I can pull the lid/door off from the front. I never tried pushing it all the way forward and trying from the back seat but I will try that as well.

Chunderboy 12-19-2013 04:08 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1quick1 (Post 947920)
Thanks, I am glad it's not something that will (hopefully) be damaging something.

On mine the battery is under the passenger seat. If I put the seat all the way back I can pull the lid/door off from the front. I never tried pushing it all the way forward and trying from the back seat but I will try that as well.

Thats where mine is too. Also, another guy here managed to spill a whole isht load of milk (as in dairy) into the compartment and went to town with a hoover. No problems to report since that, so you should be solid.

deep18 12-19-2013 04:12 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Tommy Boy - They Have A Thin Candy Shell - YouTube

1quick1 12-19-2013 04:29 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 947921)
Thats where mine is too. Also, another guy here managed to spill a whole isht load of milk (as in dairy) into the compartment and went to town with a hoover. No problems to report since that, so you should be solid.

I'll take candy over milk.

Weird design. Seems like water could pool in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep18 (Post 947922)

haha pretty much except the candy is rolling on a bare metal bay so it's loud.

Dan JGC 12-19-2013 09:48 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Once you get the trap door opened, find an anteater with a sweet tooth to clean up this mess...

1quick1 12-20-2013 01:17 AM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 948079)
Once you get the trap door opened, find an anteater with a sweet tooth to clean up this mess...

Dropping an army of ants was an option. I think I could get the ants out easier than the candy :lol:

crabman 12-20-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
I had a truck with the ashtray up in the dash, I put change in it. One fine day a fellow decided I didn't need my lane any more and I decided to go off road a wee bit rather than swap paint which gave the truck a couple of big sharp bounces. I was a little torqued after but everything seemed ok at first... Yeah, half the change had bounced out of the ashtray to the inside of the dash and anytime I hit a bump after that I would hear the stuff moving around in there, occasionally a coin would drop out. Took weeks to find it all or at least everything that was moving. lol Never put change in an ashtray like that again.

Chunderboy 12-20-2013 11:57 AM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman (Post 948287)
I had a truck with the ashtray up in the dash, I put change in it. One fine day a fellow decided I didn't need my lane any more and I decided to go off road a wee bit rather than swap paint which gave the truck a couple of big sharp bounces. I was a little torqued after but everything seemed ok at first... Yeah, half the change had bounced out of the ashtray to the inside of the dash and anytime I hit a bump after that I would hear the stuff moving around in there, occasionally a coin would drop out. Took weeks to find it all or at least everything that was moving. lol Never put change in an ashtray like that again.

hahah. I would have just lit the thing on fire at that point. Man, rattles and squeaks are the death of me, let alone the banging of change in my dash board.

Dan JGC 12-20-2013 12:36 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1quick1 (Post 948154)
Dropping an army of ants was an option. I think I could get the ants out easier than the candy :lol:

True story - I had parked my GC in economy parking at MIA for about a week - it is basically just a broken asphalt open parking lot, not a parking garage. When I returned I noticed a half full Dairy Queen Blizzard on the ground by my front driver's tire that someone didn't bother to actually find a garbage can for. I looked at it and was like gross look at all those ants.

Well, for three months I had to have those ant bait traps in my GC. Those teeny tiny ants had decide to nest in my GC next to this huge food source and when I left the lot they had already infested my GC. In Florida, we get these teeny tiny ants everywhere - they are just a nuisance and somehow can even find their way into top floors of high-rise condos. I guess it only takes a very tiny amount of food for them. Once i thought they were all gone, more would appear. I'd be going down the road while swatting the little buggers on the dash and windshield. I am a very neat and clean person and these ants seemed to just continuously reincarnate. I sure couldn't used that anteater.... LOL

4jeepdiesel 12-20-2013 01:06 PM

Re: Candy fell in battery compartment (going to go insane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1quick1 (Post 948154)
Dropping an army of ants was an option. I think I could get the ants out easier than the candy :lol:

That's funny as I was just going to post a very similar suggestion!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community