Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Trailhawk fascia (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/trailhawk-fascia-69448.html)

Herb4372 12-20-2013 09:56 PM

Trailhawk fascia

I remember reading in prerelease reviews that they increased the approach angle by removing the front fascia. Does anyone know how to do this?

xmmtoad 01-12-2014 09:27 AM

Re: Trailhawk fascia

Haven't actually removed the facia yet but there are twist screws which you turn CCW. May need to use plyers if your fingers aren't strong enough. Please reply when you figure it out. Don't have my KL yet and didn't want to break a dealer's vehicle.

biga9999 01-13-2014 07:38 AM

I thought the fascia on the TH was different from the others. That is how they improved the approach angles.

jfk3674 01-15-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biga9999 (Post 958998)
I thought the fascia on the TH was different from the others. That is how they improved the approach angles.

That was my understanding also. It allowed for the 30 degree approach angle. If you look at a trailhawk next to a standard cherokee you can see its has a more angled front. It's just how it comes.

clew 01-16-2014 09:59 AM

that is correct, the OP is talking about getting additional clearances by removing the lower fascia, they did this in one of the test videos. It isnt something Jeep built into it thinking people would be doing it a lot, its doable but not just a pop it off type of thing.

Herb4372 01-21-2014 08:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's where I saw it. I. The short cherokee brochure.

Attachment 34659

had the TH up on a lift today and looked at it. Only the lower most piece comes off. You can see it in this picture.

Attachment 34660

Anyhow. Don't think it makes that much of a difference.

xmmtoad 01-22-2014 08:36 AM

Does the presence or absence of the fascia have any significant affect on fuel economy, aerodynamics or engine cooling at highway speeds?
My main reason for removing it is just to keep it from getting broken.
Is there anything that can be installed in its place to protect the exposed underside? Was considering bull bars but they don't seem to be available yet.

Herb4372 01-22-2014 08:47 AM

Don't take this the wrong way but how can anyone possibly know???

Impact on fuel economy? Doubt it. It's a 4x4 with a v6. I suppose if you want to jangle over a 1/2 mpg it might. But those two hooks probably aren't very aerodynamic either. And bull bars certainly wouldn't be

Anything to put in It's place??? No. I haven't seen anything listed from MOPAR to replace the 21" section of the lower front bumper that you can remove to increase the approach angle of the offroad minded version of the cherokee....