Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Deals (and Dealerships) for buying in SoCal (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/deals-and-dealerships-for-buying-in-socal-69501.html)

wsoldier 12-22-2013 11:40 AM

Deals (and Dealerships) for buying in SoCal

Hey guys, after reading the forums for almost a year, I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Limited/Overland 2014 after Christmas!

Can anyone recommend dealers in the LA area (or anywhere in SoCal)? I'm curious what type of deals people are able to make for their new 2014's at this point of the year. Does 5% under invoice seem reasonable or should I be able to get a better deal at year end?

Thanks!

Shannon 12-22-2013 12:19 PM

Re: Deals (and Dealerships) for buying in SoCal

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsoldier (Post 949037)
Hey guys, after reading the forums for almost a year, I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Limited/Overland 2014 after Christmas!

Can anyone recommend dealers in the LA area (or anywhere in SoCal)? I'm curious what type of deals people are able to make for their new 2014's at this point of the year. Does 5% under invoice seem reasonable or should I be able to get a better deal at year end?

Thanks!

If you can get 5% under invoice, take the deal. Texas gives 5.5% below invoice, and in DC, they are getting about 6-6.5% below after fees in the DC deal.
5% below invoice is better than most dealerships will offer.

Scottwk2 12-23-2013 01:43 AM

Check Huntington Beach Jeep. They've got a few V8 Overlands on their website that are priced well under invoice. Got my 13 for 8% under from them early this year.

Medpilot 12-23-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottwk2 (Post 949238)
Check Huntington Beach Jeep. They've got a few V8 Overlands on their website that are priced well under invoice. Got my 13 for 8% under from them early this year.

What he said.^^^

I just picked up my 14 overland for 6.4% below invoice at Huntington Beach. Real straight forward to deal with too.

wsoldier 12-23-2013 02:24 PM

Thanks for the responses so far. Keep them coming!

Were the Huntington Beach prices with any rebates? I don't qualify for any.. Also, I'm curious what packages you got for those Overlands. Thanks again!

Scottwk2 12-23-2013 03:00 PM

I didn't get any rebates on mine. Usually any applicable rebates would be on top of the advertised price. I got a v6 4x4 Overland with no other packages. What are you looking for?

Here is v6 Overland for 10% under invoice

New 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland For Sale in Orange County & Huntington Beach, CA

wsoldier 12-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottwk2 (Post 949422)
I didn't get any rebates on mine. Usually any applicable rebates would be on top of the advertised price. I got a v6 4x4 Overland with no other packages. What are you looking for?

New 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland For Sale in Orange County & Huntington Beach, CA

Thanks, but even on that page it states the Sale Price includes the rebate. Also, invoice on a vanilla Overland is around $42k from what I can gather from Edmunds, so I'm not sure how you're calculating.

I'm looking for:

Overland (or Limited) 4x2 3.6L w/ Advanced Tech

Medpilot 12-23-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsoldier (Post 949428)
Thanks, but even on that page it states the Sale Price includes the rebate. Also, invoice on a vanilla Overland is around $42k from what I can gather from Edmunds, so I'm not sure how you're calculating.

I'm looking for:

Overland (or Limited) 4x2 3.6L w/ Advanced Tech

I agree, their website is a bit confusing. I didn't qualify for any of the incentives either. The advertised Net cost / Sales price is the price you pay before any incentives.

I like to use Welcome to the Navy Federal Auto Buying Program to find Invoice pricing. It's a bit easier than Edmunds. Not all the vehicles at Huntington Beach are going to be way under invoice. Just depends on model and options.

Here's a 4x2 Overland with the tech group for $43,230 before TTL.
New 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x2 For Sale in Orange County & Huntington Beach, CA

$44,926 is invoice with the listed options. That makes it only 3.78 below invoice.

So you see it depends on the discount they are offering on that particular vehicle.

Scottwk2 12-23-2013 05:16 PM

I was including the destination charge in my calculations another 995 that you will pay regardless. They actually show the invoice for most of the trucks. Really just depends on what they have and probably how long they've had it. This dealer has a lot of on hand stock and they don't really play games when you sign except for pushing warranties and Gap etc.

BobsWK2 12-23-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottwk2 (Post 949422)

I know its the law in CA but I can't stand dealers who put that ugly front license plate bracket on a vehicle even before its sold.

cccsolana 12-24-2013 10:59 AM

Perry Jeep/San Diego, Laredo E pkg + 8.4/RA3 Paid 12% under invoice.

Medpilot 12-24-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccsolana (Post 949777)
Perry Jeep/San Diego, Laredo E pkg + 8.4/RA3 Paid 12% under invoice.

Wow 12%, didn't know that was even possible. How did you get that deal?