Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Anybody use Hold 'n Go? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/anybody-use-hold-n-go-69515.html)

xmike5000 12-22-2013 07:36 PM

Anybody use Hold 'n Go?

Hey All

I'm slowly getting thru the Owner's Manual and am reading about the "comfort feature" called "Hold 'n Go"...it allows you to remove your foot from the brake petal while stopped in drive. You have to "enable it via the personalization settings in the radio or instrument cluster".

Has anybody done it? I don't even know if I have it, and couldn't see where to enable it.

Cheers,
Mike

Texas Trailhawk 12-23-2013 10:21 AM

Re: Anybody use Hold 'n Go?

I don't have my TH yet, but I downloaded the UG & OM from jeep.com and Hold 'n Go is not in either one. The OM I downloaded is the Third Edition created 9/30/2013 & the UG is the 3rd Edition modified 10/11/2013. The version can be found at the end (last page) of the pdf or book. See if you have an older version. It seems like they took that out.

xmike5000 12-23-2013 10:47 AM

Texas TH, you must be freaking about the delivery date changes. I can tell you that in a sick way, i miss the waiting and the incessant checking of MOTS (as I said, sick).

It is so worth the wait, though.
Mike

Texas Trailhawk 12-23-2013 10:57 AM

xmike5000, It is like a consuming sickness, the waiting, the checking...a lot like having a baby! I saw that you have version 1 of the manual on another forum.

xmike5000 12-23-2013 11:10 AM

Naw, I 'm gonna go get it now. The manual is a hassle with all of the warnings and cautions! I wish there was a non-legal version or one that put all of that crap in one spot so you could read it uninterrupted.

Again, enjoy the wait-seriously. Think of it as savoring the aroma of an amazing meal that is sitting in front of you just waiting to be consumed!

Herb4372 12-23-2013 01:29 PM

Note on manual, I found a pdf version I have on my iphone I used to search for what I'm looking for.

Hold and go... It's sublet. You don't notice except when you stop on an incline. Like pulling into my parking at my condo. I have to stop and wait for the gate. When I take my foot off brake and don't put it on gas it will stay still for several seconds then will start to idle uphill (v6 love ;)

TT. Sorry about your wait. I'd be in the same boat if I hadn't found what I wanted and canceled my order.

Good luck. I can tell you, when it arrives, it's a pretty big day

jfk3674 12-23-2013 04:01 PM

If it is what I think it is, I've used it. I was in stop and go traffic and turned it on. It's a bit unnerving when it brakes and when it starts up depending on what the car in front of you is doing. I have not got the hang of it 100% though. I keep hitting the brake and canceling it out.

Jeepster910 12-31-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfk3674 (Post 949446)
If it is what I think it is, I've used it. I was in stop and go traffic and turned it on. It's a bit unnerving when it brakes and when it starts up depending on what the car in front of you is doing. I have not got the hang of it 100% though. I keep hitting the brake and canceling it out.

That would scare the Jeepers out me. I don't know if I am ready to trust the electronics with the brake.
I have the Tech group which seems to be mostly passive unless I screw up. The self parking is a no way for now. I can still park faster and better than the computer. I can just see myself explaining to the insurance company how the car took control and hit both cars on each side of mine. I am yet to try the adaptive cruise control. I heard that it will brake the car for you. So it should be interesting........................
This KL is interesting and a challenge to learn.

clew 01-02-2014 12:19 PM

pretty sure hold n go is not actually included on the KL

Herb4372 01-02-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clew (Post 953463)
pretty sure hold n go is not actually included on the KL

I have it on my KL

clew 01-02-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herb4372 (Post 953495)
I have it on my KL

Where is it in the settings then? It was removed from the owners manual, no longer in the current edition. Mine definitely doesn't have it turned on if it is an included feature.
You aren't thinking about the auto parking brake are you?

Texas Trailhawk 01-02-2014 02:02 PM

I emailed Jeep about Hold 'n Go, so maybe they can clear it up. According to the older version of the manual (before Hold 'n Go was removed from it), Hold 'n Go & Safehold seem to be two different things. I'll post their response when I get it.