Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Audio Help? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/audio-help-6952.html)

05CHEROKEE 02-26-2010 10:55 AM

Audio Help?

Can someone help me? Im tring to hook up my Kenwood headunit in my 05 Grand Cherokee. It does not have navigation, im perty sure it has the factory amp. Its the Rocky Mountain Edition. I bought an Axxess interface, model XSVI-6502 from Crutchfield. I spliced the interface wires to the headunit wire harness, whent out and took factory radio out, and pluged the interface harness in. I got power to the headunit, but no sound. WTF:mad:. I looked at the factory wires there are two conectors, a 10 pin with three green wires, and a 22 pin with 10 wires. The interface harness only has a 22 pin conector with more wires than the factory. I can't figure out how the radio even works, with less wiring. Can anyone explain this wire setup to me, or show a wire diagram with this setup? Thanks.:confused:

CatMan879 02-26-2010 01:39 PM

Re: Audio Help?

Im sorry to say but you bought the wrong Axxcess interface the one u need is the CHTO-03 or the PAC C2R-CHY4. the CHTO-03 allows you fade and balance your speakers which the PAC does not but the PAC does allow you to keep your Steering wheel controls its really up to you what you want.

206WJ 02-26-2010 05:04 PM

^^x2 the one you have is for the Non amplified verson.

05CHEROKEE 02-26-2010 07:42 PM

That sucks, I just threw away $75. Will the other Interfaces match up to the factory wiring? Thanks guys for the info.

206WJ 02-27-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05CHEROKEE (Post 159647)
That sucks, I just threw away $75. Will the other Interfaces match up to the factory wiring? Thanks guys for the info.

Yes Sir. You can probably sell the harness you have now in the for sale section though.

05CHEROKEE 02-27-2010 01:52 PM

Ya I didn't think ubout selling it. Thanks again for the info.

Quarterwave 03-02-2010 09:56 PM

Does this Metra interface allow full fading ? As I tried one of their models (can't remember which one, but it was for the BA system and had the screw-type potentiometer in the little black case) and it wouldn't allow fade.... well, it would, but the rear speakers would just go silent when faded all the way to the back. Plus, it had intermittent drop outs etc.... I tried 2 of them just to be sure, and still the same issues - seemed very "buggy" to me....

So, I bought the PAC interface and it works great, but no fade feature (well, same as above).... I liked the sound of the BA head unit, but it's useless without an AUX input, which was what prompted my change. The problem is though, I need to figure out a way to get it to fade, as I hate all the trebly-sound bouncing off the front window.

How hard is it to integrate an aftermarket amp into this set up ? And will that cause any issues with factory split-front speaker set-up (doors and dash) ?

Any help is appreciated, as every stereo place that I call in Miami seems to have no idea what I'm talking about.