Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/)
-   -   Performance upgrades 14? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/performance-upgrades-14-a-69521.html)

hankwedge 12-22-2013 10:24 PM

Performance upgrades 14?

WHat should I get?
I have trinity and AR headers and full exhaust so far

Haven't tuned it yet and waiting on my free AR setup

mlarco52 12-23-2013 11:17 AM

Re: Performance upgrades 14?

Free AR setup?

hankwedge 12-23-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarco52 (Post 949323)
Free AR setup?

Long story part of my trade in deal

Carbon6 12-23-2013 11:57 AM

With tuning recently released on the 14s you are limited to bolt-ons at this point... lower thermostat, intake, throttle body, and exhaust are really your only options. Tuning is questionable but the guys with '12/'13 are still having fan issues on their set ups.

Forza is really the only owner who has gone above and beyond on his 2012 and done a Procharger setup and is active on the boards. There are 4 TVS owners but 2 no longer own their Jeeps and the other 2 are not active on the boards. There is a 2014 that has a single Turbo, unknown how tuning was done if its a stand alone or piggyback unit. Finally, there is a twin turbo setup being built right now, they are not even to the tuning stage yet.

hankwedge 12-23-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon6 (Post 949338)
With tuning recently released on the 14s you are limited to bolt-ons at this point... lower thermostat, intake, throttle body, and exhaust are really your only options. Tuning is questionable but the guys with '12/'13 are still having fan issues on their set ups. Forza is really the only owner who has gone above and beyond on his 2012 and done a Procharger setup and is active on the boards. There are 4 TVS owners but 2 no longer own their Jeeps and the other 2 are not active on the boards. There is a 2014 that has a single Turbo, unknown how tuning was done if its a stand alone or piggyback unit. Finally, there is a twin turbo setup being built right now, they are not even to the tuning stage yet.

Will I need a tune for the at headers and exhaust?

Carbon6 12-23-2013 01:17 PM

Better than not having one... the problem is that you will loose back pressure and thus loose low end torque. Yes, having the motor breathing better will improve hp but that won't be until the top end. No one that I know of has done a before and after without a tune on a full exhaust. SRT engineers have said that they were able to get 500hp from our motor from the factory but in doing so they lost torque and the off the line performance suffered.