Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   CD Error on REC Navigation Unit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/cd-error-on-rec-navigation-unit-6953.html)

06HemiLtd 02-26-2010 11:49 AM

CD Error on REC Navigation Unit

I just bought an REC Navigation unit off ebay last week. i installed it this morning and i'm getting a "CD Error" message when i press the mode button. the radio works fine. the navigation is working fine. i can't load any cd's. i thought maybe there were cds stuck in it already. i tried ejecting them 10-15 times but nothing is coming out. you can hear the unit attempting to eject though. any thoughts.

Rich 02-26-2010 11:58 AM

Re: CD Error on REC Navigation Unit

Did you get it from MrCD1 ? Any return policy? If not and you can't load any or eject, I would open it up and see if something is jammed in there.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-26-2010 01:52 PM

when i was looking for mine i saw alot of sellers had them listed with broken cd changers, so it seems like a pretty common problem. i hope the seller has a return policy if not you will have to do a chargeback on your credit card.

06HemiLtd 02-26-2010 03:55 PM

No Returns. Bought it As-Is. I don't think there are any cds in it. according to the owners manual, it will have a the cd slot # will have a round symbol if there is a cd and all 6 are without the symbol. when you press the button, it just makes a bunch of clicking sounds. i don't really listen to cds but it would be nice for everything to work.

LTrainGC 02-26-2010 03:56 PM

CD changer is ****ed. I had this happen to me, luckily the seller was nice and let me exchange for a different one.

If his ebay listing said it is in 100% working order, you can get him for misrepresenting the item.

Apparently the CD changers are really sensitive and are damaged easily, especially during shipping.

Edit: just saw you bought it as-is, no returns. That sucks :(

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-26-2010 08:14 PM

file a creditcard chargeback you will be able to get your money back that way. also leave him a negative unless he advertised it as being broken.

06HemiLtd 02-26-2010 08:51 PM

i don't think i can get my money back. the listing said it was untested and being sold as-is. it said all sales were final. i also paid with my bank account and not a credit card. it's weird that you can't even load a disc into the cd changer.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-27-2010 12:06 AM

your pretty much SOL then, sorry man. always use credit cards on paypal to buy things on ebay. it adds an extra layer of protection. unusable cd changers and broken knobs are a common problem with the rec.

06HemiLtd 02-28-2010 06:13 PM

i read somewhere that a few people have changed out the cd changer. i took out the RAQ radio that has the 6 disc changer. has anyone attempted this. i'll probably just end up getting the lockpick or pac to hook up my ipod. i can probably sell my RAQ for $100 or so which is can go towards the lockpick.

LTrainGC 03-01-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06HemiLtd (Post 160584)
i read somewhere that a few people have changed out the cd changer. i took out the RAQ radio that has the 6 disc changer. has anyone attempted this. i'll probably just end up getting the lockpick or pac to hook up my ipod. i can probably sell my RAQ for $100 or so which is can go towards the lockpick.

I remember I tried opening up the original broken REC I got, but it was a huge pain - I couldn't get it to where I could get the magazine out.

At least the navigation and radio works.