Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/)
-   -   My Son Just Got a Wrangler - Gift Suggestions? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/my-son-just-got-a-wrangler-gift-suggestions-69540.html)

markp99 12-23-2013 01:08 PM

My Son Just Got a Wrangler - Gift Suggestions?

We've been a Jeep family for the last 15 years, but only in the Grand Cherokee line.

My 24yr old son just moved out to LA and has bought his first vehicle, a 2007 Wrangler Sahara 2 door. Perfect vehicle for him - and mostly like new!

So, he has cloth seats, no floor mats and insists on leaving the top off. I'd like to get him some seat covers to offer just a little protection.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

CNY_WK2 12-24-2013 03:14 PM

Re: My Son Just Got a Wrangler - Gift Suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by markp99 (Post 949362)
We've been a Jeep family for the last 15 years, but only in the Grand Cherokee line.

My 24yr old son just moved out to LA and has bought his first vehicle, a 2007 Wrangler Sahara 2 door. Perfect vehicle for him - and mostly like new!

So, he has cloth seats, no floor mats and insists on leaving the top off. I'd like to get him some seat covers to offer just a little protection.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Neoprene seat covers

CWRUYOTE 12-24-2013 05:55 PM

Here are some seat cover suggestions--I'm leaning towards Marathon because I have side airbags, but Trek Armor is well-regarded:
Marathon Seat Covers: Custom Truck, SUV Seat Cover specializing in Camo Seat Covers

Wrangler JK 2007-2010

Floor Mats:
Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Floor Liner Triple Combo for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Have fun!

markp99 01-02-2014 09:08 AM

Just back from Los Angeles visiting my son. We had a nice drive along the PCH in his new Jeep. The top has been off since he bought it - even for his 48deg commute in the mornings, but its been 80deg by afternoon lately... :)

The thing is absolutely SPOTLESS inside and out and runs great! Very solid on the road, with the exception of an intermittent suspension squeak in the front end - but with the top off, you hear everything...

Thanks for the inputs! Will check out the seat cover suggestions.

strongcpa 04-09-2014 04:42 PM

How about a tire cover?

bill_de 04-09-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongcpa (Post 1005701)
How about a tire cover?

Sure hope he got his gift by now. :)

---

ichthus 05-03-2014 02:37 PM

Likewise, I suppose he's had it for a while now....but in my experience both Marathon and Trek Armor are great. Marathon were an easier install, and the set I used were fantastic for 3 years, till I let them go with the Jeep.

Trek Armor are a little more feature laden, but haven't decided which I prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

ichthus 05-03-2014 02:38 PM

Also, a Spiderweb Shade could be a great gift idea for that area. Too much sun to go topless without...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

sanman357 05-06-2014 07:14 PM

Mopar hood lock.

MNDZA 05-23-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanman357 (Post 1017856)
Mopar hood lock.

Yes. This is the first thing I'm ordering. Even before I order my 2015.