Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Alarm (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/alarm-69543.html)

ZZVitas 12-23-2013 02:21 PM

Alarm

Hey guys
So here's a new one. Got to the office this morning locked my car and up about 10 minutes later the alarm stared going off. Ok, odd, but no big deal. I unlocked and locked it again. Another five minutes or so passed and the alarm turned on again. At this point I called the dealer and they told me to open and close all doors, tailgate and hood. So I did, locked the car and about 30 seconds after the alarm went off yet again. I took the beast for a spin thinking it would reset whatever the issue was, nope alarm still goes off. At this point I can't lock my car.

Do you guys have any thoughts or has anyone experienced this?

Thanks and happy holiday!
Zach

Scottina06 12-23-2013 03:29 PM

Re: Alarm

on the drivers side shock tower is the hood sensor. Just have a look at it to make sure its not came loose or looks funny.

offroader 12-23-2013 03:51 PM

How about locking it manually?

ZZVitas 12-23-2013 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 949435)
on the drivers side shock tower is the hood sensor. Just have a look at it to make sure its not came loose or looks funny.

Thanks for the help Scott! I checked the sensor you mentioned and it was fine. I then noticed that the remote start was not working. When I got in the car, there was an error message on the gauge cluster that said something like "remote start disabled - hood open". I then clean the sensor in the below picture. it was located on the passenger side of the hood latch. I think that did it. The remote start now works and even better, no more alarm!

Happy holidays!
Zach

fnkychkn 12-24-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZVitas (Post 949592)
Thanks for the help Scott! I checked the sensor you mentioned and it was fine. I then noticed that the remote start was not working. When I got in the car, there was an error message on the gauge cluster that said something like "remote start disabled - hood open". I then clean the sensor in the below picture. it was located on the passenger side of the hood latch. I think that did it. The remote start now works and even better, no more alarm!

Happy holidays!
Zach

that's the hood ajar switch. first time i hear of one malfuntioning. by "cleaning", do you mean switch contacts or connector?

BobsWK2 12-24-2013 09:15 PM

This is occurring on a few 2014 WK2's on the regular board. Some have had the hood latch/switch replaced.

Acesi7 01-19-2014 05:35 PM

Another similar case here.

My alarm was going off all the time. Read this thread. Fiddled with the sensor. Now have no issues with the alarm. Hasn't gone off in a week!

Thanks guys!

Ross51 01-20-2014 03:35 AM

Could one of you who has done this explain how to "clean the sensor" . I can't see anything to clean and it does not appear loose. I have had a couple of intermittent false alarms in the past week. Jiggling the bonnet does not seem to cause any issues so maybe just fiddling has fixed it, if that is the fault!

vdubbed81 01-22-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acesi7 (Post 962243)
Another similar case here.

My alarm was going off all the time. Read this thread. Fiddled with the sensor. Now have no issues with the alarm. Hasn't gone off in a week!

Thanks guys!

What did you do to "fiddle" with it? Mine started acting up a few weeks ago, and I lowered the adjustment bolts so the hood sits lower. No alarm issues for a few weeks but it started up again today. It's 5 degrees in the morning and I want to be able to use my remote start!

vdubbed81 02-04-2014 04:04 PM

Anyone?? The sensor started acting up again this morning. I went to the dealership and they are backordered:mad: We're supposed to get a snow storm tonight and I'd love to remote start the jeep so it won't be icy when I go out.

orion23 02-05-2014 07:18 PM

So my Jeep just started doing this today
Big snow storm today, same message about the remote start disabled, hood open
Alarm goes off every minute

Where exactly is this sensor / switch ?

Thanks!

Scottina06 02-05-2014 07:21 PM

It's on the drivers side shock tower...front