Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Other Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/)
-   -   2014 Four Wheeler of the Year (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/2014-four-wheeler-of-the-year-69581.html)

Snipe315 12-25-2013 05:31 PM

2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
The 2014 Four Wheeler Magazine's pick for 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year is...

2014 Four Wheeler of the Year - Four Wheeler Magazine

While I totally agree with their choice, others probably won't.

How they picked the vehicles:

"To be eligible for Four Wheeler of the Year, each SUV must have a two-speed transfer case (or equivalent), a production run of at least 1,500 vehicles available in the U.S., and be on sale by January 15, 2014. For 2014, we had five vehicles in our test; the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Dodge Durango Limited, Land Rover Range Rover Sport, and Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium."

SNUKE 12-25-2013 07:39 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
If you are spending that money, it had better bloody win.

philbytx 12-30-2013 08:25 AM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
I agree!!!

The LR is almost double the price of the GC, is marginally more capable and has fewer dealerships!!

Snipe315 12-31-2013 11:19 AM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by philbytx (Post 952053)
I agree!!!

The LR is almost double the price of the GC, is marginally more capable and has fewer dealerships!!

True.

But since it can do what would require TWO WK2s (blazing fast On Road [SRT] coupled with Great Off Road [Overland/Laredo]), that cost is somewhat justified.

:cool:

lstowell 12-31-2013 02:35 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 950186)
If you are spending that money, it had better bloody win.

Well, you could spend even MORE money on a Cayenne and discover it has no low range, but as compensation you'll discover that darn near everything is an optional extra.

lstowell 12-31-2013 02:37 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snipe315 (Post 952619)
True.

But since it can do what would require TWO WK2s (blazing fast On Road [SRT] coupled with Great Off Road [Overland/Laredo]), that cost is somewhat justified.

:cool:

I cross shopped against the RR sport. Damn nice vehicle.
Damn high priced though, gas mileage not so nice.
The GC Overland Hemi is not as fast, and possibly not quite as nice an interior, but for half the money you get In My Non Humble Opinion, at least 90% or more of the vehicle.

Snipe315 12-31-2013 07:55 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 952708)
I cross shopped against the RR sport. Damn nice vehicle.
Damn high priced though, gas mileage not so nice.
The GC Overland Hemi is not as fast, and possibly not quite as nice an interior, but for half the money you get In My Non Humble Opinion, at least 90% or more of the vehicle.

I own a 2012 V8 Overland. I've checked out the interior of the 2014 RR Sport and personally feel it is not nearly as nice as the 2012/2014 Overland. Some might like its "cleaner & less cluttered" layout but I think the WK2 is better.

If the 6.1L or 6.4L Hemi was available in the Overland, I think it would be a MUCH better bargain and vehicle than the current RR Sport.

Lots of folks are fine with the 5.7 Hemi in the WK2, but many want more. And for those that crave both On Road as well as Off Road performance; the RR Sport is at the top of a short list.

JeepGCOverland 12-31-2013 08:14 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 952708)
I cross shopped against the RR sport. Damn nice vehicle.
Damn high priced though, gas mileage not so nice.
The GC Overland Hemi is not as fast, and possibly not quite as nice an interior, but for half the money you get In My Non Humble Opinion, at least 90% or more of the vehicle.

This is EXACTLY what I have found. As far as gas mileage, it's bad either way and I don't really care.

xJoshxx 12-31-2013 09:30 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-65O4KCy1RR...90de8b5bc9.jpg

Snipe315 12-31-2013 11:11 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 952877)

:mad:

Talking about Range Rovers, Porsches, and any Other Vehicle is allowed. So No Trolls and No Trolling in this, the OTHER RIDES subforum!

:slapfight:

GTFO.

silvermax04 12-31-2013 11:56 PM

Re: 2014 Four Wheeler of the Year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snipe315 (Post 952846)
I own a 2012 V8 Overland. I've checked out the interior of the 2014 RR Sport and personally feel it is not nearly as nice as the 2012/2014 Overland. Some might like its "cleaner & less cluttered" layout but I think the WK2 is better.

If the 6.1L or 6.4L Hemi was available in the Overland, I think it would be a MUCH better bargain and vehicle than the current RR Sport.

Lots of folks are fine with the 5.7 Hemi in the WK2, but many want more. And for those that crave both On Road as well as Off Road performance; the RR Sport is at the top of a short list.

But what you need to ask yourself is will that 1.5 seconds faster 0-60 that you get with the RRS V8 be worth double the cost of a GC overland or summit 5.7 Hemi? If you have money to burn maybe so but for many probably not. I looked at the RRS V8, don't get me wrong it is nice but the price is absurd for what you get.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community