Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   Nepal frost dilemma... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/nepal-frost-dilemma-69637.html)

Somewhereinla 12-27-2013 02:04 PM

Nepal frost dilemma...

I have been looking for an overland ecodiesel in granite and black int. for a few weeks now. While I have found some in my area (south cal), finding one with the adventure II pkg has been challenging. I did find 2 with Nepal frost int. I don't mind beige so much, I did have a landrover discovery once with beige interior, and never felt it got dirty easily or was harder to clean, and I did love the fact that the seats were cool while hot outside, but I didn't have a six month old... And beside the leather seats, the rest of the land rover was in plastic, making it easier to clean. The jeep has much more leather... The interior is more sophisticated as well...

Does anyone here has Nepal frost? How do you like it... Is it easy to clean?

rubicontrail.net 12-27-2013 02:25 PM

Re: Nepal frost dilemma...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somewhereinla (Post 950786)
I have been looking for an overland ecodiesel in granite and black int. for a few weeks now. While I have found some in my area (south cal), finding one with the adventure II pkg has been challenging. I did find 2 with Nepal frost int. I don't mind beige so much, I did have a landrover discovery once with beige interior, and never felt it got dirty easily or was harder to clean, and I did love the fact that the seats were cool while hot outside, but I didn't have a six month old... And beside the leather seats, the rest of the land rover was in plastic, making it easier to clean. The jeep has much more leather... The interior is more sophisticated as well...

Does anyone here has Nepal frost? How do you like it... Is it easy to clean?

The thing that would keep me from considering the Nepal interior is not the seat color. Being leather, it would cleanup easily. The carpet is another matter. I have never seen a car with tan carpet that stays looking new. I wish they had used the dark brown color of the dash as the carpet color.

Somewhereinla 12-27-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicontrail.net (Post 950793)
The thing that would keep me from considering the Nepal interior is not the seat color. Being leather, it would cleanup easily. The carpet is another matter. I have never seen a car with tan carpet that stays looking new. I wish they had used the dark brown color of the dash as the carpet color.

I couldn't agree more, but I will put a black rubber matte on top. My current jeep has one, and 5 years later the original carpet still feels like new...
Actually I looked at a Nepal frost overland yesterday, to check it out, and the driver carpet was already dirty...

JeepGCOverland 12-27-2013 06:27 PM

I have a 2014 Overland with the Beige/Brown interior, and the carpet does not get nearly as dirty as I thought it would. Right now I am using the Mopar Slush Mats to catch all of the water and grime that winter brings, but I ran the beige mats from June to November and they still look almost new. If they upset you that much, pick up a set of black mats (same thing but black instead of beige) from Just For Jeeps for $80 (Jeep Grand Cherokee Premium Carpet Floor Mats in Black and Medium Greystone - Item # 82212175AB* and # 82212176AB) or get the Mopar Slush Mats (also $80). I'm sure there is some way to get the brown mats from the Summit as well (ask your dealer), probably for around $100. Don't let the color of the floor mats deter you from getting the beige interior, especially when you can replace the mats for less than $100.

Jim_in_PA 12-27-2013 09:57 PM

I wish I still had the lighter carpet...it was far easier to keep clean than the black carpet I have now. "Dirt" and mud around here is tan in color when dry...