Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/)
-   -   Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/tires-69638.html)

davidl13 12-27-2013 02:52 PM

Tires
 
Does anyone know if 285/55/r20 tires will fit on a 2012 srt8???

Will they fit without rubbing or bottoming out in the wheel wells?

Thanks in adavance

D

jim383 12-28-2013 07:23 AM

Re: Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidl13 (Post 950806)
does anyone know if 285/55/r20 tires will fit on a 2012 srt8???

Will they fit without rubbing or bottoming out in the wheel wells?

Thanks in adavance

d

There 32.4 inches tall and the stock tires are 30.5 inches tall so they may not fit and the tread width is only 9 inches wide and the stock tires are 11.5 inches wide.

Scottina06 12-28-2013 01:31 PM

285 50 20 fit on the stock wheels...not sure about 285 55

Raptor Rage 02-27-2014 11:20 AM

Re: Tires
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidl13 (Post 950806)
Does anyone know if 285/55/r20 tires will fit on a 2012 srt8???

Will they fit without rubbing or bottoming out in the wheel wells?

Thanks in advance

D

i have 285 50R20 on my stock rims on my 2014 limited no tire rub

5.7summit 02-27-2014 07:23 PM

Re: Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor Rage (Post 983347)
i have 285 50R20 on my stock rims on my 2014 limited no tire rub

Dang those tires look awesome on there! Got any more pics?

Raptor Rage 02-28-2014 09:48 AM

Re: Tires
 
3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7summit (Post 983592)
Dang those tires look awesome on there! Got any more pics?

265/50R20 Overall Diameter 30.50 Section Width 10.90 Tread Width 8.3
275/55R20 Overall Diameter 31.93 Section Width 11.22 Tread Width 9.3
Change +1.43" +.32" +1.00"
285/50R20 Overall Diameter 31.29 Section Width 11.63 Tread Width 9.73
change + .79" +.73" +1.43"

there are the numbers
55 tire will be much taller and might rub off road more than the 50


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community