Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Quadra Lift or Steel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/quadra-lift-or-steel-69640.html)

Jubbly 12-27-2013 03:13 PM

Quadra Lift or Steel

About to pull the trigger on a MY14 JGC CRD is the Quadra Lift worth the $3300 they are asking for it here in Australia?

Evolv0 12-27-2013 04:20 PM

Re: Quadra Lift or Steel

YES, it is a beautiful and awesome option

Setoutguy 12-27-2013 05:55 PM

Depends on how much and what type of off roading you do.

I dont have it and dont miss it crossing fields and going down dirt and mud farm roads.

I have the ORAI package.

How do you intend on using your WK2?

bill_de 12-27-2013 06:11 PM

It is a convenience, so whether it's worth it depends on you financial position.

I have it and use it quite a bit on the beach. Not that I would get stuck without it, but raising the body some does keep some sand from getting where you don't want is.

The entry/exit mode does make it easy for a couple of my friends (one old, one short) to get in and out.

I can't compare the ride to the standard suspension because I haven't driven one.

---

WK2OverlandII 12-27-2013 06:23 PM

Yes, its worth it and I totally agree with what Bill_de says about the convenience of being able to lower the vehicle for entry/exit and it makes it easier when washing the vehicle/windows. I like the off-road capability and the on-road capability as it lowers the vehicle for on-road use at higher speeds to help improve fuel mileage in the Aero-mode. Totally worth it to me...but it does depend on your financial position. I hope this helps.

ColdCase 12-28-2013 04:23 PM

You also don't need ramps or a jack to get under and change the oil :) (please use jack stands for safety).

whartung 12-30-2013 01:00 PM

QL is one of my favorite things on the JGC. The fact that it lowers to make getting in and out easier for my wife is a big plus. I also lower it at drive through windows, just to make that a little bit easier. While I haven't had the opportunity to test it, having the available lift for off road is just great.

I look at the QL like I look at snow. Here is So Cal, for most of us, snow is a choice. We can drive up in to and experience it when we want to, but we don't have to take it home with us, or live with it the entire season, much less the rest of the year.

Since I don't need a 1"-2" lift every day, 24x7, it's nice not having to live with it every day. I appreciate that a full time lift offers extra benefits, but for my use cases, they're not enough to matter, and I don't off road enough, or go to places that require a dedicated, lifted vehicle and the larger tires a permanent lift can offer.

Perfect all around compromise for me.