Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/)
-   -   Eibach - HELP!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/eibach-help-69699.html)

A-kon 12-28-2013 07:24 PM

Eibach - HELP!!!

Well I just got my Pro Kit installed on my 2014 SRT. Now I have a check ABS light on, traction control is permanently disabled, and my park sensors aren't working. FML.

On top of that the kit only lowered the Jeep about 1/3 what it was supposed to. Hopefully the settling takes care of that. I am going to get it aligned in 2 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems? If so please advise. I'm stressed out and hope nothing was damaged during the install. It was done at a professional shop.

Thanks in advance!

CLStech 12-28-2013 07:28 PM

Someone mentioned the shock sensors being unplugged after shock installation that caused this same issue...

lillyjas 12-28-2013 07:35 PM

My eibachs were installed by a large shop and the guy said he had to make sure to remember to plug things back in... Different than any other job he had seen in awhile

On the lowering... I thought the same thing... I paid $700 for this... But they will settle down... It is not as low as the road magnets, but you can still tow and go through snow(if you live in those areas)... It will take about two weeks of some good driving to get them relaxed

Scottina06 12-28-2013 07:36 PM

Re: Eibach - HELP!!!

missed a plug or damaged an abs sensor....which is easily done FYI

lillyjas 12-28-2013 07:36 PM

Ohh... Just noticed, you didn't align it... Suggest you don't wait 2 weeks, I has mine done same day, as the shop said tires were way out of whack without it... FWIW

A-kon 12-28-2013 07:41 PM

Thanks for all the help. They guy drove the Jeep and said the alignment wasn't off real bad. I'm friends with the installer so he did it at the shop he works at. They let him use everything on their day off. They've have the latest and greatest 4 alignment machine. If I wait two weeks for his next day off I can get it done for free, otherwise I'll have to pay.

A good friend of mine who has had multiple dropped rides told me to wait 1 week for the suspension to settle before alignment.

Do you think a regular shop like a Meineke can easily check all the sensors and plugs?

Scottina06 12-28-2013 07:44 PM

they should be able too. My buddy pulled the code on my 13 and his shop is in Podunk, ky usa.

This happened on my 13's eibach install. A wrench slipped from my hand and hit the sensor wire...that was all it took. Very easy to replace.....

A-kon 12-28-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 951407)
they should be able too. My buddy pulled the code on my 13 and his shop is in Podunk, ky usa.

This happened on my 13's eibach install. A wrench slipped from my hand and hit the sensor wire...that was all it took. Very easy to replace.....

Did you have problems with your park sensors also?

Scottina06 12-28-2013 07:54 PM

no....

A-kon 12-29-2013 02:46 PM

Thanks.

One other question, did any of you compare the stock rear springs to the eibachs?

My eibachs were longer than the stocks, granted their coils were tighter. Is that normal?

Manny Fresh was there talking with me during the install and said he received the wrong eibachs twice in the correct box

Scottina06 12-29-2013 02:59 PM

yes...the eibachs rears are longer. Theres actually very little difference between the front/rear eibachs. You need to pay special attention to the part #'s.

A-kon 12-29-2013 03:04 PM

Yeah I warned my guy but he still managed to get them backwards first. The rear was slammed and the front looked like it had a 3" lift. The ABS and track lights came on after the second go around. We did struggle to get the rear springs in so maybe that's what damaged the sensor. I'll find out tomorrow at the shop