Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   vibration around 68-77mph (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/vibration-around-68-77mph-69786.html)

Nicks_2014 12-30-2013 11:23 PM

vibration around 68-77mph

Not that it's ever been above the speed limit just "assuming" :rolleyes:

I've had this issue since new, have taken it to multiple dealers. They all seem like they want to help, but are getting tired of seeing me at their shop. The dealer and Jeep are blaming the tires, take it to Belle tire, and they show me on their road force balance that it's not tire related.

**** with the cruise on, going straight down the road at 70mph, the wheel, and seats are shaking. Continue down the road, it banks a little to the left/right, and begins to smooth out. Straighten out still smooth, begin to turn again, it gets worse.

I think if it were tires, it would always vibrate at a given speed. This sounds stupid, but it seems like when the two out of balance (whatever it is) line up, it gets worse, but when they're 180* from each other it smooths out.

This is my wife's vehicle, and we special ordered it and hoping for a nice vehicle, we do a lot of long freeway driving and it rides like a piece of sh!t. Yesterday I placed an order on a 2014 ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins/Aisin $64K. And hope I don't have issues like this one.

brentwoodkris 01-03-2014 11:11 AM

Re: vibration around 68-77mph

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks_2014 (Post 952466)
Not that it's ever been above the speed limit just "assuming" :rolleyes:

I've had this issue since new, have taken it to multiple dealers. They all seem like they want to help, but are getting tired of seeing me at their shop. The dealer and Jeep are blaming the tires, take it to Belle tire, and they show me on their road force balance that it's not tire related.

**** with the cruise on, going straight down the road at 70mph, the wheel, and seats are shaking. Continue down the road, it banks a little to the left/right, and begins to smooth out. Straighten out still smooth, begin to turn again, it gets worse.

I think if it were tires, it would always vibrate at a given speed. This sounds stupid, but it seems like when the two out of balance (whatever it is) line up, it gets worse, but when they're 180* from each other it smooths out.

This is my wife's vehicle, and we special ordered it and hoping for a nice vehicle, we do a lot of long freeway driving and it rides like a piece of sh!t. Yesterday I placed an order on a 2014 ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins/Aisin $64K. And hope I don't have issues like this one.

You have a WK2 and would probably have a lot more input/response from that sub-forum. However, on my WK I had a similar issue and a proper roadforce balance ironed it out and it hasn't come back since!

lstowell 01-03-2014 11:36 AM

Re: vibration around 68-77mph

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 953972)
You have a WK2 and would probably have a lot more input/response from that sub-forum. However, on my WK I had a similar issue and a proper roadforce balance ironed it out and it hasn't come back since!

Which wheels and tires are on it?
The balance may be good, but is there a tire shop around that can check tire roundness?

Tougher to find would be tread/carcass separations.

It should be pretty much completely vibration free at any speed, although the stock tires tend to suck.