Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Starting to get fed up! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/starting-to-get-fed-up-69804.html)

SteveC 12-31-2013 02:20 PM

Starting to get fed up!

Well I have had this Jeep since May or June, almost everytime I get in this , I wonder what new problem will happen. The phone, the seats, the lost radio stations, the doors won`t lock ,the VR button gets crazy, the transmissions lags, it something almost all the time.
It`s been to the dealer 3,4 times and either the issue is working or they tell me it`s working the way it should.

The computer has been replaced once, I loaded 3 different versions of software, it doesn`t matter the car still gets stupid.

Sorry for the rant, but I am going to trade this in on another vehicle , a GMC truck, already started the process, hopefully the car will correct itself after I get the recall done and complain some more to the dealer, if they offer some hope I might keep it. Time will tell.

jbjones85 12-31-2013 02:37 PM

Sorry to hear about the problems.

2014RedHemiGC 12-31-2013 02:54 PM

Re: Starting to get fed up!

Sorry to hear that - unless the V6 is a must, it appears the V8's have had fewer issues and may be worth considering. Our has been flawless (so far!) :)

JTS97Z28 01-01-2014 11:24 AM

Sounds like these early built 2014's have some serious issues. Hopefully things get straightened out on it and you dont have to trade it in. I cant imagine having a GMC truck over a nice 2014 Grand Cherokee.

Setoutguy 01-01-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 953007)
Sounds like these early built 2014's have some serious issues. Hopefully things get straightened out on it and you dont have to trade it in. I cant imagine having a GMC truck over a nice 2014 Grand Cherokee.

I am not sure I would take a well equipped 2014 GMC pick up over a 2014 WK2. Maybe a Yukon since all the bugs are out of since its at the end of its model cycle. 2015 Yukon is supposed to be really nice. 2014 GMC pick up might have as many issues as the 2014 WK2 since they are both new models or updates.
GMC pick up does have a superior V8.

A 2015 F150 will also have similar issues.

crabman 01-01-2014 12:41 PM

Yeah, then again the newer ones are well, newer, so I'm not sure that it can be fairly said the jury is in yet. I have a Dec 13 build and it has none of the reported issues I've seen. I guess all I can really do is keep the fingers crossed.

I do understand its frustrating. I've owned a lot of cars over the years and some were far more reliable than others but only one was actually a lemon. It was my wife's and the typical one thing after another you read about so much. It eventually was bought back by Mazda some 20 years ago but I still remember how infuriating it had become.

At any rate I know it doesn't help OP but if it turns out they have solved these problems as many with recent builds are reporting than it would seem at least possible that the folks who got in early could see relief. Regardless good luck with your next vehicle if it comes to that.

fun2drive 01-01-2014 01:07 PM

Every car or truck from every manufacturer has problem cars. You are just unlucky to get this one. I don't know what the rules are for lemoning but that might be something I am sure you thought...

2014GC 01-01-2014 11:06 PM

SteveC I feel your pain. I am feeling the same as you do. I feel really screwed with buying an early production GC. As much as I love the GC if I could trade it I would. At 16k miles I still have the same issues creep up over and over. A lot of the issues I have grown to live with. The last flash on the tranny worked well but it's starting to act up again. The jerking is driving me nuts! The Uconnect has never worked correctly. There are some stellar things I love about the Jeep but the early production ones were just a mess!
I feel really cheated by Jeep.They released it to soon and knew about some of the issues that plague the 2014. Says a lot for the brand. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I would trade it for a latter production Jeep but I am gun shy with Jeep and it's dealer network all together at this point. I've owned a lot of vehicles along with several Jeeps and this is the only one I have had a love/hate,mostly hate experience with.
By the way the 2014 GMC Sierra is superior to the 2014 GC.

fun2drive 01-02-2014 09:48 AM

As I said every manufacturer has teething issues with the first model year. It is much much better but it still happens. Case in point. New BMWs with the 335 twin turbo engine. High pressure fuel pump failures so bad they were on 60 minutes and class action law suit against them, fuel injector failures, turbo failures and also a number of other non mechanical issue.

Nothing is more frustrating then having to take your whip to the dealer time and time again for the same problem or similar problem so I can certainly empathize with what you are going through.

I honestly think upper management pushes to get the cars and trucks out the door before the final tweaks are done resulting in the first batch of owners being the testers for the manufacturer...

GCLimited 01-02-2014 09:56 AM

I feel your pain...

:(

I've had MANY issues with my early build 2014 GC V6 Limited (UConnect, transmission, noisy rear shocks, etc.), and things are still not fixed 100% to my liking. To make matters worse, a new saftey recall came in the mail a couple weeks ago, the crash test worthyness of the early built 2014s is lower than the later built ones, and I just read that Chrysler is no longer a U.S. company...Fiat fully owns it now.

:mad:

I'm done with this POS, losing what little faith I had in the vehicle, as well as I'm finished dealing with the two crappy Jeep dealerships I've visited...I will NEVER buy another Chrysler product again, period. My next vehicle will be the new 2015 Ford F-150 when it comes out in the Fall.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...-iE-4E4-YBew7g

mswlogo 01-02-2014 11:24 AM

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Why don't you give the ford a year or two to iron out the bugs.

I knew going into a 2014 GC had additional risk. But I wanted the newer technology.

If you want stability, get the last year of a model run. But then don't complain about dated technology.

LSU_FAN 01-03-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveC (Post 952696)
Well I have had this Jeep since May or June, almost everytime I get in this , I wonder what new problem will happen.

You're not alone , we bought ours on April 1st and it has had problems the whole time! It has been to the dealer many times, replaced the media module, the head unit, flashed so many times I lost count! It runs, shifts, and drives great but anything that uses memory or volume goes crazy! I tried to adjust the radio volume today and I watched the volume bar on the screen go down to 0 but the volume never changed...about 10 seconds later it finally worked.

This thing is about to get traded!