Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Steering Wheel Vibration (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/steering-wheel-vibration-69830.html)

lilnancy 01-01-2014 11:00 AM

Steering Wheel Vibration

Over the last few weeks I have been experiencing a vibration through the steering wheel and center console arm rest. This only occurs when at a stop, in drive, with the brake applied. Weird thing is I can simulate it with very short stop and goes by taking my foot off the brake pedal, letting the vehicle roll few feet and reapplying the brake. Doing this in succession, I can get the vibration to come and go.

Any ideas?

2014 Trailhawk

sfdxsm 01-03-2014 09:28 AM

Re: Steering Wheel Vibration

There's a running thread over at jeepcherokeeforum about this. A lot of people are experiencing it but no fixes yet.

Black Rover 01-03-2014 01:29 PM

Seems to be an issue with the 4x4's. My Limited FWD is not experiencing the same issue.

macfan 01-03-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Rover (Post 954034)
Seems to be an issue with the 4x4's. My Limited FWD is not experiencing the same issue.

Have had my Limited II, 3.2L, 4X4 about 8 weeks now and have not experienced one problem. Personally I think a lot of the so called Cherokee problems on both this site and The Cherokee Club site are people imagining or trying to find a problem. They are convinced that because the Cherokee release was delayed all Cherokees have a problem that needs to be uncovered.

sfdxsm 01-03-2014 07:37 PM

I can confidently say this is an abnormal problem and not something just made up. My Jeep has been solid outside of this "problem" (really just an annoyance). I can climb into 4 different vehicles with varying mileage and not experience anything like this vibration.

My wife noticed it without me telling her as well. The best way to describe the feedback is if you're driving a car with unbalanced tires. In this case though it only happens in Drive at a dead stop like a light. It's either going to turn out to be something physical like a motor mount or something that goes away after some settling.

I've been working on cars all my life and while by no means a skilled mechanic, I'm comfortable around cars.

Some of the problems out there are just new car issues. Things need to settle in. I want this launch to be 100% perfect simply because I got rid of my last car due to so many problems and only had 19k on it. That and I want the Jeep community to see a quality KL launch instead of all the hate for it right now.

When I schedule my first oil change I plan to ask them to poke around. Getting it up on a lift would be really helpful.