Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   Diesel Prices (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/diesel-prices-69849.html)

thebc2 01-01-2014 05:51 PM

Diesel Prices

1 Attachment(s)
Went to fill up yesterday and noticed Diesel was actually cheaper than premium unleaded for the first time. I've started filling up at Shell for the higher quality diesel and was shocked to see it so close in price with with regular, premium and super unleaded.

This is in the NE, curious how this has been for others across the US.

fun2drive 01-01-2014 06:24 PM

Re: Diesel Prices

That isn't the trend in the panhandle here. Regular is around 3.35, 93 octane maybe 3.70-80 diesel 3.89 up...

w2kdiesel 01-01-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebc2 (Post 953149)
Went to fill up yesterday and noticed Diesel was actually cheaper than premium unleaded for the first time. I've started filling up at Shell for the higher quality diesel and was shocked to see it so close in price with with regular, premium and super unleaded. This is in the NE, curious how this has been for others across the US.

Pump price cash or credit: 3.93 9/10 for Shell in Framingham, MA yesterday. Used my Stop &Shop discount for 30 cents off the pump price, so net of 3.63 9/10

NC4stroker 01-01-2014 09:33 PM

I have a patient who delivers diesel. I was talking to him about a store well off the interstate which had diesel a few cents higher than the "Interstate" prices.

He advised me the interstate stores move so much gas/diesel, that their prices fluctuate more often....with every delivery. It's the same for the smaller guy, but if the smaller guy buys at a higher price, it takes longer for the smaller guy to run through the "high-priced" load of fuel, and hopefully get cheaper fuel the next time.

Simple enough math, but sometimes it's easy to forget.

md2020purplecow 01-01-2014 10:20 PM

I like Shell too. The prices are competitive and all Shell branded diesel is B5 or lower, so you know what you're getting.

You can also save up to 10 cents off per gallon with a Kroger Plus card (based upon purchases made at Kroger) or a minimum of 3 cents off per gallon with Shell's free Fuel Reward Network card. If you have an American Express Costco card you can earn up to 3% cash back for up to $4000 of all fuel purchases anywhere.

mswlogo 01-01-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebc2 (Post 953149)
Went to fill up yesterday and noticed Diesel was actually cheaper than premium unleaded for the first time. I've started filling up at Shell for the higher quality diesel and was shocked to see it so close in price with with regular, premium and super unleaded.

This is in the NE, curious how this has been for others across the US.

Yikes.

I live in the NE (east of Worcester, MA) and paid $3.37 for Regular today at B.J.'s

Usually Diesel is around $3.90-$4.00 lately.

NC4stroker 01-02-2014 07:59 AM

Old news, but worth reading. Why Diesel Costs More Than Gasoline | NACS Online

The best part of high fuel prices, as related to old inefficient infrastructure is, IMHO.....Yeah, why would gas companies spend billions to build better and more modern refineries, so they could charge less for their product!! LMAO

aboyce85 01-02-2014 05:06 PM

There's a petition on change.org for diesel car owners to sign if interested. It's regarding taxing diesel fuel fairly. I've already signed and thought I'd share:
https://www.change.org/petitions/sta...-owners-fairly

racer-xerols 01-02-2014 11:45 PM

I've been using the hell out of the TripAssist function on the 8.4AN, you can use it to search for fuel and sort the columns by either distance, name, or price.

Locally, we're (Maryland/PA) anywhere from 3.85-4.00 per gallon. The Nav search saved me .10/gal today just by going 1 mile from where I usually tank up my Ram. Cool stuff.

It also found me diesel in SC last week, coming back from FL....for $3.50!!! I was only at 1/2 tank, but I filled up anyway :)

bill_de 01-02-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aboyce85 (Post 953609)
There's a petition on change.org for diesel car owners to sign if interested. It's regarding taxing diesel fuel fairly. I've already signed and thought I'd share:
https://www.change.org/petitions/sta...-owners-fairly

Diesel should be taxed higher. If you get more miles per gallon and pay the same tax per gallon, you are not paying your fair share for wear and tear on the roads.

Hemi owners don't want to subsidize CRD owners. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

---

thebc2 01-03-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 953788)
Diesel should be taxed higher. If you get more miles per gallon and pay the same tax per gallon, you are not paying your fair share for wear and tear on the roads.

Hemi owners don't want to subsidize CRD owners. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

---

so angry

CNY_WK2 01-03-2014 05:03 AM

Diesel by the freeway is 4.12 (I get it there due to high volume) and premium (93) was running around 4.09.

Since my Subaru takes premium and gets 20 mpg (downhill with the wind behind me), this is currently a win-win