Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   citadel vs limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/citadel-vs-limited-69897.html)

Tvo-2 01-02-2014 08:14 PM

citadel vs limited

I am new to the forum and have used this website to gain an even greater understanding of the new Durango and for that I thank all of the forum members!
I am going to be purchasing a D in the very near future and I am looking to find all of the differences (and premium cost justification) of a similarly equipped 2014 Citadel vs Limited. A Citadel (V6 with tumble captain seats and rear seat entertainment system) has a MSRP = $47,280. While a limited (V6 with premium group, safety package, tumble captain seats and rear entertainment system) has MSRP = $45,870. That's a difference of $1,410.00. I am aware of the obvious differences like ventilated seats, premium leather (and leather door inserts) and dual exhaust on the Citadel...but you also get the blind spot monitoring and cross path detection and fold flat front seat in the Limited so I am not sure what the Citadel has that justifies the premium price price tag. Any help and shared wisdom regarding the features and differences between the two is greatly appreciated!

mcfarl58 01-02-2014 08:21 PM

It really depends on what you want or what's important to you.

Can't get the adaptive cruise control option on the limited, only on RT and Citadel.

Lots more chrome on citadel and premium wheels (20"). I'm assuming that package on the limited includes power liftgate? That's also standard on the citadel.

Basically, with what you priced out, the difference is the Nappa leather, exterior styling, and premium sound system. If that doesn't matter to you, get the limited.

FWIW, i had to do a similar comparison, but with limited v. RT. I went with the RT because, for the money, the best value across all trims is the RT. But i understand that some don't want or need the Hemi

Tvo-2 01-02-2014 08:27 PM

Re: citadel vs limited

Thanks for the reply mc...the premium package in the limited does in fact give you the premium sound system and power liftgate as well.

mcfarl58 01-02-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tvo-2 (Post 953712)
Thanks for the reply mc...the premium package in the limited does in fact give you the premium sound system and power liftgate as well.

Ah well, then you're down to nappa leather and exterior styling. Personally, i don't like the chrome. That's one reason i got the RT. Basically, it comes down to the options available as (similar to other manufacturers) they don't offer some options on the lesser trims. Here, it's the adaptive cruise control. If you don't want that (doesn't appear you do and is even more money), then Limited is your choice.
For me, i had to have it. Just like i really want a HUD on my next sedan. That, however, means you pay more for the higher trim because those options aren't offered on the lesser trims.

For us, the RT had the ability to get the adaptive cruise at a price that was better than a similarly equipped citadel. Plus, didn't like the chrome on the citadel, but the rallye doesn't offer leather or the other goodies. Both of those were major factors swaying us to the RT. And hearing the HEMI erased all doubt afterwards.

vertrkr 01-02-2014 11:07 PM

Dodge's model compare page pretty much shows everything side by side:

Compare Dodge Durango Models | Detailed Comparison Chart | Dodge

Tvo-2 01-03-2014 07:25 AM

Thanks for the link vertrkr...I somehow missed that comparison list when I was on the Dodge site.

chaunceyjb1 01-03-2014 02:39 PM

The tech group, I believe, is only available on the Citadel. It includes the Adaptive Cruise and the accident avoidance system which brakes to avoid an accident. That is a real deal and will keep you out of accidents. I fully expect that option to spread across all vehicle lines in due course and at some point to become standard equipment like air conditioning and windshield wipers, but it will likely take a few years. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see it as an option on the Limited next year.

ufokillerz 01-03-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb1 (Post 954067)
The tech group, I believe, is only available on the Citadel. It includes the Adaptive Cruise and the accident avoidance system which brakes to avoid an accident. That is a real deal and will keep you out of accidents. I fully expect that option to spread across all vehicle lines in due course and at some point to become standard equipment like air conditioning and windshield wipers, but it will likely take a few years. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see it as an option on the Limited next year.

i have tech on r/t

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/2014-...ges-50844.html

chaunceyjb1 01-03-2014 02:55 PM

Poorly worded on my part, I meant as between the Limited and Citadel.

Hercules 01-04-2014 02:02 PM

I've also been looking at both trying to figure out if the Citadel is worth it vs a loaded Limited.
One thing I noticed is in the specs on the Dodge site it lists that the Citadel comes with Heavy Duty 4 wheel disc brakes, vs the Limited which lists standard 4 wheel disc brakes.

Also the Citadel has the HID headlamps..which I know are WAY better than standard Halogen lights.

So with those 2 safety items along with the nicer leather vented seats, its the extra chrome. I for one much prefer the Citadel wheels to the optional 20" limited wheels. Those look worse than the 18" wheels!

davewg 01-05-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 954502)
I've also been looking at both trying to figure out if the Citadel is worth it vs a loaded Limited.
One thing I noticed is in the specs on the Dodge site it lists that the Citadel comes with Heavy Duty 4 wheel disc brakes, vs the Limited which lists standard 4 wheel disc brakes.

Also the Citadel has the HID headlamps..which I know are WAY better than standard Halogen lights.

So with those 2 safety items along with the nicer leather vented seats, its the extra chrome. I for one much prefer the Citadel wheels to the optional 20" limited wheels. Those look worse than the 18" wheels!

The HID are available on the Limited if you spec the Safety, Security and Convenience package.

Hercules 01-06-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 955027)
The HID are available on the Limited if you spec the Safety, Security and Convenience package.

Correct you are sir!
But you start to come really close to the Citadel in price..around a $1,400 difference.

So does the Citadel V6 have the extra 5hp bump with the dual exhaust like the Rallye?