Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2012-gc-ltd-20k-with-no-problems-69958.html)

ColoradoJeep 01-04-2014 11:14 AM

2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
Just rolled over 20K miles with my 2012 GC LTD V6, and nary an problem. Had 1 burned out headlight replaced under warranty. Great ride, best Jeep ever.

The Evil Twin 01-04-2014 11:34 AM

Re: 2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
And just HOW are we going to bash Jeep with this thread title?!? :lol:
Here's to another 200k :thumbsup:I love mine too! I plan on having the trans flash done next time I am in the dealer but it isn't completely annoying since there isn't a lot of flat land here.

Jim_in_PA 01-04-2014 05:05 PM

Re: 2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
Sounds great!

My MY12 is at 28K miles and nary an issue. Oh, pardon me...right now it's saying my keyfob battery is low. :D

The Evil Twin 01-05-2014 10:21 AM

Re: 2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 954579)
Sounds great!

My MY12 is at 28K miles and nary an issue. Oh, pardon me...right now it's saying my keyfob battery is low. :D

:eek: You would think that modern batteries would last longer! I can't believe Jeep would use such inferior parts.
FWIW, Not sure if you leave your keys in the car much but I used to leave my keys in the GC while at the racetrack. This amounted to over 20 days a year. I replaced battery after battery until someone told me that the key battery will "communicate" constantly if left in the vehicle. Something I should have known (Duh!). Now they stay in the trailer and I have yet to replace the battery this year.

jtsull 01-05-2014 10:32 AM

Re: 2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
OK, first post here. 2012 GC Ltd hemi. 42,000 miles. Only issue was a burnt out DRL. Replaced both DRLs with LEDS. Reading through the forum I realized the spark plugs should have been changed at 32K. Changing them out today. (Note to myself - read the manual....). Otherwise zero issues. Very happy with this SUV. May have the fishbite issue some talk of under load - up a hill - in high gear - on the highway, but doesn't bother me. Perhaps new plugs might help. Also, Goodyear tires replaced at 35,000. Still had some thread left but one was impaled by a 4" nail. Replaced with same tires. Good tire "for the money" IMHO.

Jim_in_PA 01-05-2014 10:50 AM

Re: 2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Evil Twin (Post 954967)
You would think that modern batteries would last longer! I can't believe Jeep would use such inferior parts.

The fob uses a standard CR2032 button battery...and they are cheap. I think vehicles with "touch" unlock and keyless start have fobs that draw a lot more power than the fobs that only use juice when you push a button--because they have to be active all the time. I just ordered a pack of six from Amazon for "not much money" and they are good until, um...2022...according to the packaging. That should do it! LOL

And I NEVER, EVER, EVER leave a key/fob in my vehicle for any reason...other than when updating the sound system firmware. It hangs on a belt loop with my other keys pretty much every waking moment.

The Evil Twin 01-05-2014 01:34 PM

Re: 2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 954985)
The fob uses a standard CR2032 button battery...and they are cheap. I think vehicles with "touch" unlock and keyless start have fobs that draw a lot more power than the fobs that only use juice when you push a button--because they have to be active all the time. I just ordered a pack of six from Amazon for "not much money" and they are good until, um...2022...according to the packaging. That should do it! LOL

And I NEVER, EVER, EVER leave a key/fob in my vehicle for any reason...other than when updating the sound system firmware. It hangs on a belt loop with my other keys pretty much every waking moment.

I never worry about the security at the track so leaving keys in has been typical for most everyone. Regardless, I hope my sarcasm conveyed in regards to the inferior battery ;)

Jim_in_PA 01-05-2014 05:08 PM

Re: 2012 GC LTD: 20K with No Problems
 
Well, at least they didn't use D-cells and require you to have a special pants pocket just for the big-ol fob! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community