Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

She is here!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Hercules 
#1 ·
Picked up this morning. Haven't waxed it yet, gotta get up the nerve to wash it off real quick and wax with temps in the teens. Not really looking forward to it.

Anyone waxed theirs? How long. Have a DA polisher, but thinking about hand wax

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Anyone waxed theirs? How long. Have a DA polisher, but thinking about hand wax
Takes me about 30 minutes to put on by hand but I go as quick as I can as I don't enjoy it. I hired a detailer when I first got it to seal and wax to get a good coat on then I hand wax a few times a year. I've been using Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax lately, seems as good as anything I've tried over of the years but I'm not a wax perfectionist. I just want something that last as long as possible, comes off easy and doesn't leave residue on plastic/rubber.

#3 ·
I used to work at a detailing place way back when. Just got it all done. I used the Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax. Looks very good. Came off somewhat easy. Supposed to last long, but we'll see. Probably the same polymers as yours, but in paste form. Wanted to get a good protection coat on there as we're expecting a storm today and with that comes lots of snow and lots of salt.

I'll tell you what, not as bad as i originally thought. Little over an hour-1.5 hrs with help from wife. And the finish was perfect with no contaminants from sitting in a factory yard waiting for transport. Exactly what you want when putting wax on a vehicle. It's like it was freshly clay barred, but it wasn't. The paint guys at JNAP did an excellent job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.