Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Will Jeep still be Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/will-jeep-still-be-jeep-70002.html)

damazeen 01-05-2014 01:54 AM

Will Jeep still be Jeep

Now that Fiat is taking control over the whole company, will Jeep still remain Jeep? During the Diamler days Chrysler had a say. Will they still be able to go at it with Fiat? Like Dylan said, "Money doesn't talk, it swears" .....

Scottina06 01-05-2014 02:17 AM

Jeep has 3 of the 4 top selling vehicles for chrysler. Jeep is what's worth the $$$$.

macfan 01-05-2014 04:11 AM

Re: Will Jeep still be Jeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 954842)
Jeep has 3 of the 4 top selling vehicles for chrysler. Jeep is what's worth the $$$$.

Top selling vehicles and Jeep remaining Jeep are two different things. We are already in the midst of a change with Jeep luxury vehicles, RWD vehicles, and FWD vehicles. We now have mall cruisers, grocery getters, and soccer mom vehicles among the Jeep mix which pretty much started out life as a military vehicle. Don't get me wrong. I love my new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited II, 3.2L but it is not the historic Jeep.

damazeen 01-05-2014 04:35 AM

Yeah... I love my JGC as well. I would just hate Fiat to introduce dramatic changes to the line that would make my 2012 the last Jeep I buy. I just hope Chrysler still has enough clout to put it's foot down to oppose any change that would strip Jeep of its jeepness.

Barboots 01-05-2014 04:44 AM

I'm not certain, but wouldn't it be the Fiato influence which resulted in the current CRD on offer? Awesome engine... great decision :thumbsup:

Everything is getting "softer" unfortunately. The market drives that though.

Cheers,
Steve

MoparKing 01-05-2014 05:51 AM

As the world keeps turning, advancements in technology are getting better and better every day. Jeep will remain Jeep but it will eventually turn into every other car company.The World War days are long gone and there's no need for those "rugged I can go anywhere" vehicles. Now people go off roading by choice, unlike before. I think the only "Semi-Real" Jeep that will remain will be the Wrangler (as long as it isn't equipped with navigation or heated seats). All other Jeeps have already been converted into ordinary cars. Just my 0.2

JeeperJohn 01-05-2014 08:07 AM

I believe it was Fiat that insisted our 2014 Jeeps get the beautiful interiors we have now in place of the genuine Corinthian plastic we had for years. If that's a step backwards, I'm good with it.

scooterha 01-05-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeperJohn (Post 954898)
I believe it was Fiat that insisted our 2014 Jeeps get the beautiful interiors we have now in place of the genuine Corinthian plastic we had for years. If that's a step backwards, I'm good with it.

I thought the Corinthian plastic was new for 2014? :D

NC4stroker 01-05-2014 08:37 AM

I think the Jeep brand will remain intact. The market may demand a little more of this or that, but you'll still be able to get a Rubicon with a Rock-Trac transfer case!!

bill_de 01-05-2014 10:05 AM

As long as enough people choose Jeep over its competitors, a Jeep will be a Jeep. As the country in general is becoming wussified, Jeep may have to make changes in its main stream products. Time will tell.

---

jacko15 01-05-2014 10:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
To paraphrase the philosopher Alan Watts, "The only thing that is for sure is that there will be change."

scooterha 01-05-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 954968)
To paraphrase the philosopher Alan Watts, "The only thing that is for sure is that there will be change."

Both are awesome!