Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rear hatch/door lock button not working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rear-hatch-door-lock-button-not-working-70017.html)

jrein 01-05-2014 02:11 PM

Rear hatch/door lock button not working

The door lock butting on my rear hatch is no longer working. Have any of you experienced this? Is there a menu setting somewhere that I need to adjust?

jrein 01-05-2014 10:57 PM

Re: Rear hatch/door lock button not working

Just noticed that the hatch doesn't open when using the button under the hatch handle unless the car has been unlocked by the fob or pressing the button on the door handles.

YjagetaJeep 01-06-2014 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrein (Post 955259)
Just noticed that the hatch doesn't open when using the button under the hatch handle unless the car has been unlocked by the fob or pressing the button on the door handles.

The button on the door handles LOCK my Overland. They open if I touch the inside of the handle or use the fob.

berk483 01-06-2014 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrein (Post 955044)
The door lock butting on my rear hatch is no longer working. Have any of you experienced this? Is there a menu setting somewhere that I need to adjust?

Nothing in the menus. If the small silver button on the hatch doesn't work to lock your doors then a dealer visit might be in order, as it should lock all doors. The soft button underneath only opens the glass if the vehicle is unlocked, that's normal, or at least how it's always been on mine.

jrein 01-06-2014 11:19 AM

Thanks for the responses.

I noticed an indication that the issue was computer related. Each time I hit the latch button or door lock button and it failed to open the hatch or lock the doors, I noticed that the car responded by lighting up the dash instrumentation. So, the buttons themselves must have been communicating with the rest of the car.

Since my last post, I've done two things; I've updated to the latest Uconnect software and cycled all of the options for the door lock preferences on and off. Everything is working normally now. Not sure if what I did resolved the issue, or it cleared up on its own.

TurboRush 01-06-2014 02:02 PM

One thing to keep in mind that many of us have learned the hard way... if your remote is next to your cell phone in your pocket, or even in the same hand it interferes with the signal. So you might press the lock button and the dash lights up because it got the message but it didn't sense the key fob so it did nothing because the phone's interfering.

Again, not saying this was your issue but many of us, myself included, have been baffled only to realize if you keep your cell separate everything works as expected.