Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Member Product Reviews (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/)
-   -   Dynomax product support (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/dynomax-product-support-7002.html)

mjl2610 02-27-2010 10:17 PM

Dynomax product support

Just writing to say my recent experience with Dynomax (Tenneco, Inc.) and their customer service. Long story short i started gettin' a rattling noise in the muffler. I immediately thought great probably a busted baffle or something. I really did not want to spend for a new muffler plus install. Took it to the shop i got it from cause i thought i had a lifetime warranty. They look at me and are like no man nothing like that on this....

SO i was kinda pissed cause this is what i was told a year ago when i had it put on. Went to Dynomax's website and looked up warranty information. Sure enough lifetime warranty on original install and owner. Hey that's me!

Called up the customer service and explained the situation to customer service. She transfers me to tech support to talk with them to see what they think is the cause of this rattling. He also suspects its a baffle inside that is possibly broken somehow.

Get transferred back to the girl in cs, told her what tech support said. She immediately set up a order for a brand new muffler UPS to my house. No charge of course. :thumbsup:I was very happy and all she wanted was an original receipt faxed and she said that i should be getting it next week.

Just wanted to share a experience with this company and how their policy and service pulled though for me.

Scottina06 02-27-2010 10:52 PM

Re: Dynomax product support

thats great that they stand behind their product like that!

pjs1965 02-28-2010 12:00 AM

Great write up Mike. Good to know they're a stand-up outfit.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 02-28-2010 12:19 AM

great write up and that is nice that stand by their product like that :D

Life is Grand 02-27-2011 11:09 PM

Wow! thanks for the info on them I was looking into new exhaust and the has made me choice much easier, Knowing that they are more then willing to go that extra mile tells me the really appreciate the customers that support them

nifty97z 03-01-2011 01:29 PM

I had a similar experience with my DynoMax X-pipe muffler. It started as a simple rattle that continually got worse; all the way up to the point where it blew out and I had a FG tail hanging out. But since I am deployed the easiest option was to get another muffler and had my wife take it into the shop to be replaced (got a Magnaflow this time though - but I have yet to hear how it sounds...)

dmsfun 07-13-2011 09:52 AM

Dynomax are low cost compared to Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, ec.. because they are made of aluminized steel, not stainless steel, and if you live in the snow belt you will need another replacement in about 3 years due to it rotting out.

nifty97z 07-15-2011 04:58 PM

HUGE difference from the DynoMax compared to Magnaflow. I REALLY liked the DM better! MF has a very nice tone under accel but is quiet at idle.