Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Looking to buy 2014 Summit so what should I pay??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/looking-to-buy-2014-summit-so-what-should-i-pay-70026.html)

A14Austin 01-05-2014 09:28 PM

Looking to buy 2014 Summit so what should I pay???

I'm a new buyer and am gonna make the purchase on a 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit with the 5.7 Hemi in the south Seattle area.

I've looked around and it looks like MSRP is about $55,000. What should it really come down too? I just want to know from people's personal experiences and any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!!:D

wasupdu 01-05-2014 10:02 PM

Re: Looking to buy 2014 Summit so what should I pay???

I picked up a new '14 Summit in late Nov for $46,900, but it's the V6 model...

Good luck in your search. You'll probably have the best bet finding a nearby out of state dealer that'll quote you some crazy low price that you'll then take to a local Jeep dealer and have them match or beat. Trust me, dealers know that 90%+ of the calls they get from out of state buyers won't result in a sale. These aren't rare cars that people may jump on a plane to go get. In my experience, dealers know this and will give you a VERY low price that will screw the local dealer as a result.

fun2drive 01-05-2014 10:42 PM

If you don't mind the trip there are group buys in Washington DC and Tx Houston area.
Also if you see the thread about California dealers you can get close to 4% under invoice which would not be a bad drive to save a huge amount of money...

wasupdu 01-05-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2drive (Post 955245)
If you don't mind the trip there are group buys in Washington DC and Tx Houston area.
Also if you see the thread about California dealers you can get close to 4% under invoice which would not be a bad drive to save a huge amount of money...

Great suggestion, but I'd personally fight with local dealers at these "group buy prices" and see what they're willing to do.

crabman 01-06-2014 12:37 AM

The largest volume Dodge dealer in the world is an easy day drive away. Their opening price is going to be about 3% below invoice on a summit. Thats the one you get without trying, they can be talked down. My guess is you may have a hard time making a longer journey pay if you dicker with them a little bit but more power to you if you do. Also be aware that the local dealers often hate Dave Smith because being as close as it is the threat of you buying there is not idle. Don't hesitate to drop their name and see if they will match. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If not you can leave Kellogg at lunch and be in Seattle in time for dinner with your new ride.

YjagetaJeep 01-06-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2drive (Post 955245)

Anybody know what is the best deal we could get on SRT8?

jeepman917 01-06-2014 07:44 PM

I paid $46.5k for my Summit -- with Hemi. Sticker was $54.5 However - the dealer gave me the car at their cost as I am friends with them. Perhaps that will help you - knowing if you paid a little more you were getting a great deal..

wasupdu 01-06-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepman917 (Post 955817)
I paid $46.5k for my Summit -- with Hemi. Sticker was $54.5 However - the dealer gave me the car at their cost as I am friends with them. Perhaps that will help you - knowing if you paid a little more you were getting a great deal..

Now that's a deal! I'm assuming this was $46,500 + TTL or were there any additional fees? I thought I got a great deal at $46,900 for a v6 (incl. destination charge), but yours blows mine out of the water!! Kudos!

jeepman917 01-07-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasupdu (Post 955870)
Now that's a deal! I'm assuming this was $46,500 + TTL or were there any additional fees? I thought I got a great deal at $46,900 for a v6 (incl. destination charge), but yours blows mine out of the water!! Kudos!

I think you got a good deal.. Remember, supposedly I received the price I did because I'm a friend and know the dealership head... Additional was tax and tags.. I also went for the Allstate 8 year warrantee as this dealership has more flexibility with that plan over Chrysler....