Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/)
-   -   Borla S-Type installation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/borla-s-type-installation-70051.html)

cmmurray77 01-06-2014 01:05 PM

Borla S-Type installation

My black ceramic coated Borla S-Type should be delivered on Wednesday. I ordered it on Black Friday, so the wait has been killing me. I've never installed exhaust before, so my question is, will this be a difficult install? Any tips or anything I should look out for? Thanks.

Scottina06 01-06-2014 02:11 PM

Re: Borla S-Type installation

theres a how to video in the wk2 srt how to forum

5.7summit 01-08-2014 09:19 PM

It's not too hard I did mine in my garage all alone it would definitely be easier if you have a buddy help out. The instructions are easy & straightforward but the hardest part for me was getting the tips exactly centered and adjusted just how I like it. It probably took me 3 hours start to finish with a couple of smoke breaks

traba1993 01-08-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmmurray77 (Post 955548)
My black ceramic coated Borla S-Type should be delivered on Wednesday. I ordered it on Black Friday, so the wait has been killing me. I've never installed exhaust before, so my question is, will this be a difficult install? Any tips or anything I should look out for? Thanks.

NICE!!!! I want borla baaaad. Just a little outa my budget. You get cat back system? How much it run you?

cmmurray77 01-10-2014 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by traba1993 (Post 956879)
NICE!!!! I want borla baaaad. Just a little outa my budget. You get cat back system? How much it run you?

I need to double check, but I believe it was $780 with black ceramic coating and delivery. Here is a pic with one installed and after the cut of the second one before pulling it off.

traba1993 01-10-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmmurray77 (Post 957533)
I need to double check, but I believe it was $780 with black ceramic coating and delivery. Here is a pic with one installed and after the cut of the second one before pulling it off.

Wow that looks purrty

mzimand 01-15-2014 10:17 AM

CMMURAY,

How do you like the S-Type? I am trying to decide on ATAK, S-Type or stick with stock. Does it effect acceleration at all? I do 90% of my driving in the city and 0-60 is most important to me.

Also trying to decide if I want the black or chrome. Does the black ceramic seem like it will hold up for years to come?

Thanks
Matt
Los Angeles

SRTBLK 01-15-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimand (Post 960150)
CMMURAY,

How do you like the S-Type? I am trying to decide on ATAK, S-Type or stick with stock. Does it effect acceleration at all? I do 90% of my driving in the city and 0-60 is most important to me.

Also trying to decide if I want the black or chrome. Does the black ceramic seem like it will hold up for years to come?

Thanks
Matt
Los Angeles

I have the S-type and like it alot. Not too loud but when WOT, puts a smile on my face. personally, i think this is what it should have sounded like stock. If i had to choose between S-type, ATAK or stock, i would choose S-type or ATAK. no difference in my 0-60 times that i can tell, just sounds better!

jbjones85 01-15-2014 11:42 AM

Any drone? Specifically when mds kicks in?

SRTBLK 01-15-2014 08:42 PM

although they claim no, there is drone, but i don't mind it.