Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2014 JGC Cruise Control issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-jgc-cruise-control-issue-70176.html)

gcbimmer 01-09-2014 09:32 AM

2014 JGC Cruise Control issue

I just took a 500 mile road trip over the holidays and went to engage the cruise control and nothing happened. Not even the green light indicating that it was on. It was not the end of the world, but still discouraging. Brought it into the dealer as I needed the recall taken care of anyway. They said they had to order a new part, so I picked up the vehicle and will have to go back to have the part installed. Not happy about the return trip, but I will wait for my next free oil change and have it installed then. Shouldn't these dealers have these parts available??? Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had run into this issue?

Thanks.

TurboRush 01-09-2014 09:35 AM

Re: 2014 JGC Cruise Control issue

There have been a handful of issues where the cruise control would not turn on after a flash (not sure if it was the uConnect upgrade or the HVAC flash). Pulling the negative battery cable for a few minutes fixed the issue for all.

I have not heard of anyone actually needing a module replaced.

gcbimmer 01-09-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboRush (Post 957041)
There have been a handful of issues where the cruise control would not turn on after a flash (not sure if it was the uConnect upgrade or the HVAC flash). Pulling the negative battery cable for a few minutes fixed the issue for all.

I have not heard of anyone actually needing a module replaced.

Thanks...I will give it a try. Do I risk anything by pulling the battery cable?

TurboRush 01-09-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcbimmer (Post 957059)
Thanks...I will give it a try. Do I risk anything by pulling the battery cable?

Might lose some presets or favorites, but that's really about it. Just make sure its the negative cable and that you don't touch it to the positive or anything like that.

archcat74 01-11-2014 09:44 AM

Here in Australia, I have a similar issue too. I find that I sometimes have to press the on/off button up to 5 times before the cruise will stay on (white symbol).
Once it's on, it always works properly. The other thing it does is if you hold the plus or minus buttons to increase/decrease speed it cancels the cruise and cannot be turned back on unless you restart the car. I can adjust he speed by pressing the + - buttons just not by holding them.

Northland 01-11-2014 12:10 PM

This issue happened to me - had the safety recall work done last month along with several TSBs; I'm now on the first trip after having that work done and the cruise control was dead. Checked fuse; it's fine (#F82 in power block under the hood); went ahead and replaced it - still nothing. Then I found this thread; pulled the neg terminal and left it off for 15 minutes; voila! Cruise is back!

SNUKE 01-11-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archcat74 (Post 958056)
Here in Australia, I have a similar issue too. I find that I sometimes have to press the on/off button up to 5 times before the cruise will stay on (white symbol).

Like this? This is my problem too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZ2fmPuTXA

Qtypie617 01-19-2014 05:51 AM

I don't know what I would do without this site and all the helpful feedback. Going to try this tonight. Had the safety recall and some other flash updates done and my cruise is not working either. Thanks all!

gcbimmer 01-19-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtypie617 (Post 962039)
I don't know what I would do without this site and all the helpful feedback. Going to try this tonight. Had the safety recall and some other flash updates done and my cruise is not working either. Thanks all!

I am going to try this as well. I haven't had the chance yet, no road trips in the near future so I haven't been worried about it. I'm hoping it works.

Qtypie617 01-19-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtypie617 (Post 962039)

It worked! Fabulous!

TurboRush 01-19-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtypie617 (Post 962275)
It worked! Fabulous!

:thumbsup:

Northland 01-19-2014 08:00 PM

You'd think Chrysler would include in the instructions for whatever TSB causes this cruise control malfunction to reset it after techs perform the work - I bet they're having to pay thousands in warranty work to reset cruise control for those customers who don't read this forum and have to bring their Jeeps back to the dealer.