Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Saguaro rear bumper ideas (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/saguaro-rear-bumper-ideas-7018.html)

WSP Jeep 02-28-2010 03:01 PM

Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
So I have been speaking with Saguaro on facebook and I told them I would make them a thread to get some ideas from WK owners on their new rear bumper. I have listed a few basic options as far as features go, but feel free to post any ideas about overall design as well. Saguaro will be monitoring this thread to incorporate our ideas into their plans.

Basic ideas;
Tire Carrier
Hi-jack lift
Rear backup sensors
Rear view camera
Gas tank holders
2" Hitch

Personally, Im really only concerned with the tire carrier, hi-jack lift, 2" hitch. Gas tank holders would be a plus as well. I dont care for the rear backup sensors or rear view camera options as it is a steel bumper.

Mods: I also asked them to become a vendor, and they said they would consider it.

Scottina06 02-28-2010 03:05 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
we're not gonna bust your chops over this bro. Discuss all you want.....and if they want to become a vendor...they are more than welcome! We want whats best for our members and their Jeeps!

mikskillz 02-28-2010 06:46 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WSP Jeep (Post 160489)
So I have been speaking with Saguaro on facebook and I told them I would make them a thread to get some ideas from WK owners on their new rear bumper. I have listed a few basic options as far as features go, but feel free to post any ideas about overall design as well. Saguaro will be monitoring this thread to incorporate our ideas into their plans.

Basic ideas;
Tire Carrier
Hi-jack lift
Rear backup sensors
Rear view camera
Gas tank holders
2" Hitch

Personally, Im really only concerned with the tire carrier, hi-jack lift, 2" hitch. Gas tank holders would be a plus as well. I dont care for the rear backup sensors or rear view camera options as it is a steel bumper.

Mods: I also asked them to become a vendor, and they said they would consider it.


Why does it being a steal bumper make you not care about the sensors or backup camera?

WSP Jeep 02-28-2010 07:54 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
Because I can run into anything and not worry about it. Plus I dont have any of that fancy crap soo im biased....

mikskillz 03-02-2010 09:19 AM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
fair enough - the problem w/ that is although the steal bumper might not be damaged whatever you hit may be more damaged and if its your fault your paying.

These features are important to me because i live on a very tight block w/ a TON of kids so anyway that helps me see the rear of my vehicle (especially w/ the lift) is not something i'm going to have an easy time giving up.

Same idea as the AEV EGR module. i wold not have lifted my jeep at all if i had to give up my ESP.

In my old age safety is becoming an important thing so to me its not fancy crap - its necessity.

Just throwing out my perspective.

mikskillz 03-02-2010 09:22 AM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
a couple of over the top ideas would an integrated water tank and pump or on board air integration.

AEV has a 2 gallon (i think) water tank and pump in their new JK bumper

RedRocker 03-02-2010 10:06 AM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikskillz (Post 161589)
a couple of over the top ideas would an integrated water tank and pump or on board air integration.

AEV has a 2 gallon (i think) water tank and pump in their new JK bumper

I won't be buying the bumper, but I'd think an air tank would be more useful to the offroad crowd than a water tank. Perhaps with a built-in, hidden shelf that would house a decent sized air compressor.

mikskillz 03-02-2010 12:16 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 161607)
I won't be buying the bumper, but I'd think an air tank would be more useful to the offroad crowd than a water tank. Perhaps with a built-in, hidden shelf that would house a decent sized air compressor.


i agree - for me personally a water tank would be useful. i take my truck on the beach and chill alot and i carry a 5 gallon tank with me all the time.

just throwing ideas out

NHWK05 03-02-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
I think that they need to find some way to make it easy for the buyer to add the sensors if needed. Maybe not a separate model for the sensors jeeps but make it able to be drilled for them. I know i had a www.Detoursusa.com rear bumper on my XJ with tire carrier and after years of having it i did end up backing in to a civic and did 3500 bucks of damage to it at 3 mph but none to my jeep so i can see where some people would want the keep the sensors.

206WJ 03-02-2010 07:57 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
D-Ring mounts!

mikskillz 03-02-2010 08:49 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 162083)
D-Ring mounts!


dam - how did we miss that 1 - yea D-Rings

RedRocker 03-02-2010 08:55 PM

Re: Saguaro rear bumper ideas
 
If you have a hitch receiver, why would you want D Ring mounts? Adding a D Ring mount to either side will add manufacturing costs for no real benefit (unless you consider D rings to be a cosmetic benefit).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community