Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Weather Tech Floor LINERS verses Husky Floor LINERS (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/weather-tech-floor-liners-verses-husky-floor-liners-70181.html)

jeeperspeepers 01-09-2014 12:08 PM

Weather Tech Floor LINERS verses Husky Floor LINERS

I am seeking opinions on Weather Tech Floor LINERS verses Husky Floor LINERS. Which manufacture in your opinion has better fit and quality for a 2014 Cherokee.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

ChadRizor 01-09-2014 02:03 PM

Re: Weather Tech Floor LINERS verses Husky Floor LINERS

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperspeepers (Post 957107)
I am seeking opinions on Weather Tech Floor LINERS verses Husky Floor LINERS. Which manufacture in your opinion has better fit and quality for a 2014 Cherokee.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

No doubt the Husky Liner is a better fit. They cover much more carpet then Weather Tech, IMO they have a far superior product for the Trailhawk.

clew 01-09-2014 02:13 PM

Its been my experience that Weathertechs offer more coverage, are a little thicker, and look better. Huskys are a little cheaper. They are both very close though, the above items aren't separated by much margin. Both fit pretty well. Cant go wrong either way.

ib516 01-09-2014 03:04 PM

I ordered the Weatehrtechs. They have arrived, but my Cherokee hasn't.... :)

ChadRizor 01-10-2014 12:03 AM

The Weather tech mats don't cover as much carpet as Husky mats do, the Husky liner covers the foot rest completely and farther back behind the foot pedals on drivers side, and cover farther back on passenger side as well. Check a pic of someone's weather tech matts. Dirt all on his carpet which makes for extra cleaning. But hey JMO tho

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/10/a3eqyju6.jpg

Q Tech 01-10-2014 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadRizor (Post 957466)
The Weather tech mats don't cover as much carpet as Husky mats do, the Husky liner covers the foot rest completely and farther back behind the foot pedals on drivers side, and cover farther back on passenger side as well. Check a pic of someone's weather tech matts. Dirt all on his carpet which makes for extra cleaning. But hey JMO tho

Indeed the huskys have better coverage.

NHPATRIOT 01-10-2014 08:00 AM

Husky's may have better coverage but unless they have improved the quality/thickness of the liner they will cup and roll in a few months. Has been an issue with their liners now for years and why I stopped using them. Weathertech liners are thick and rugged and hold their shape which is why I use them now.

Those comments are general. No experience in a Cherokee.

Black Rover 01-10-2014 09:40 AM

Ordered and installed Husky Cargo Line for my 2014 Cherokee Limited. Very snug fit and I am happy with the quality of the Husky product. Never used WetherTech so I can't compare the two. For my money you can't go wrong with Husky.

clew 01-10-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadRizor (Post 957466)

Havent seen a pic of the Huskys in a Cherokee, so I cant really compare coverage there. I work in construction and in our company trucks (F150s) we have a mixture of the two brands, as well as some cheaper cut to fit types. The Weathertechs are taller on the sides than the Huskys.
Dont see much dirt all in the carpets there, even at the foot rest. The part that goes further back will not be an issue as it will be under the seat, the seat in that pic has been slid all the way back it looks like.
Any pics of the Huskys in the Cherokee?

Yadkin 01-10-2014 10:29 AM

I can't comment on Husky. I hate the weathertech I bought for my son's Explorer. I bought the Mopar rubber mats for my Jeep and they are far better, and much less money.

clew 01-10-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 957587)
I can't comment on Husky. I hate the weathertech I bought for my son's Explorer. I bought the Mopar rubber mats for my Jeep and they are far better, and much less money.

Really? A lot less coverage than the weathertechs or huskys. I have them, and they work fine, but definitely dont cover much real estate, which is fine for many, but I get dirty and my feet wander all over the footwells, dont want it in my carpets.
What exactly did you hate about them?

Yadkin 01-10-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clew (Post 957595)
Really? A lot less coverage than the weathertechs or huskys. I have them, and they work fine, but definitely dont cover much real estate, which is fine for many, but I get dirty and my feet wander all over the footwells, dont want it in my carpets.
What exactly did you hate about them?

Better coverage yes but the plastic look is terrible and they are slippery. The Mopars are easy to remove and so I clean them often.