Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Tinted Tails (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/tinted-tails-70211.html)

BlackN'Blue 01-10-2014 02:16 AM

Tinted Tails

2 Attachment(s)
I don't want any normal basic tint on my tail lights. They have to be dark and glossy. I want them to match all of my windows and SRT reps. I know i have posted something about tinted tail lights before, but this time i'm going for it and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. I want them to look like these, but i have no idea where to go for this.

JeepFreak12 01-10-2014 06:20 AM

Re: Tinted Tails

Alot of auto paint shops do tail light tinting but they want an arm and a leg. In the next few weeks I will be attempting to do it myself.

Strongjeff 01-10-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 957519)
Alot of auto paint shops do tail light tinting but they want an arm and a leg. In the next few weeks I will be attempting to do it myself.

you could even do it your self, i would recomend Vht night shades and to make it super glossy you can even hit it with some clear coat. Probly wont cost more than 14$ for a can of both at your local parts stores. I did this when i had my stock tails but i didnt make them super dark. Just enough for a black cherry color. Came out really well for the money and TIME you put into it.

JeepFreak12 01-10-2014 11:36 AM

That's the plan. I'm not going crazy dark, just enough so you know they are tinted. I have tinted tails before but these are going to be perfect (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it could to paint) If its not good enough, its not going on it.

Strongjeff 01-10-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 957609)
That's the plan. I'm not going crazy dark, just enough so you know they are tinted. I have tinted tails before but these are going to be perfect (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it could to paint) If its not good enough, its not going on it.

im the same way bro, only i tend to go over kill and will wet sand at 3,000 grit (trizac sanding pad) and then seal and polish it. Only reason im not doing it now is that i think it would spoil the look.

760hacker 01-10-2014 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 957609)

Scott at smokedtaillights.com did mine, he is a JeepGarage vendor and has done many others on here. He can do them in different shades based on your preference. Here is a pic of mine done in medium, they are glossy and perfect!

JeepFreak12 01-10-2014 01:44 PM

How much did it run you?

760hacker 01-10-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 (Post 957667)
How much did it run you?

Around $100 I can't remember exactly. Obviously they aren't done on the vehicle. I removed all of the lights myself and shipped them to Scott, he did the work, packed them up and shipped them back. Check your PM.

JeepFreak12 01-10-2014 02:09 PM

Thanks.

BlackN'Blue 01-10-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760hacker (Post 957643)
Scott at smokedtaillights.com did mine, he is a JeepGarage vendor and has done many others on here. He can do them in different shades based on your preference. Here is a pic of mine done in medium, they are glossy and perfect!

That looks awesome. Im deff going to hit him up!

BlackN'Blue 01-10-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760hacker (Post 957643)

How can i contact him, can't find the website.

botlfed98 01-10-2014 05:27 PM

snagged mine off of srt8jeep forum for cheap, thankfully...love em!