Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   System does not turns off when I turn the Car off, battery drains? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/system-does-not-turns-off-when-i-turn-the-car-off-battery-drains-70235.html)

SRTJocke 01-11-2014 06:43 AM

System does not turns off when I turn the Car off, battery drains?

I have an issue with my srt -14, when I turn the car off and leave the car, the hole system keeps to be on and wont shut off. So the battery will drain?
The only thing I can do when this happens is to take out the OBD and Putin it back. This happens maybe twice every week and the dealer does not know what the problem is.

Schleprock 01-11-2014 12:34 PM

Re: System does not turns off when I turn the Car off, battery drains?

Take to dealer ASAP to save yourself hassle and $$.

Scottina06 01-11-2014 12:38 PM

Im confused...so the battery goes dead 2x per week because the Jeep is staying on? Like you can see the gauges etc. still on on approach? Do you have the key fob in hand on approach?

SRTJocke 01-11-2014 12:52 PM

Yes I can see the gauges etc. And the key fob I have in my pocket. I don't know why this happens for once or twice a week. So when it happens the only way is to take the OBD out, ans then it seems to work for a couple of days.

Red Suns 01-11-2014 04:48 PM

It's a little bit hard to understand what "system" is staying active after vehicle shutdown from your description. Are you saying that the audio/nav continues to play/function after you open the driver side door after vehicle shutdown? Or is it just the dash cluster is what stays on?

SRTJocke 01-11-2014 05:02 PM

Yes audio/nav continues to play/function even after I open driver side door. And that's why the battery goes dead. That's exactly what happens. Not funny at all.

Red Suns 01-11-2014 06:10 PM

Yeah I totally hear ya. My money is on a faulty body control module (BCM) or a faulty head/nav unit.

SRTJocke 01-11-2014 06:18 PM

Thanks I appreciate that and I will look it up👍

fnkychkn 01-11-2014 07:29 PM

from online database:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...psa446990c.png

software has since been revised to 13.48.3
if software update doesn't fix it, most likely have to replace the radio.

SRTJocke 01-12-2014 06:41 AM

Thank you. I'l check that and I hope I get rid of these problems.

cybstorm 01-13-2014 10:08 PM

I am having the same problem... on my second battery... radio decides to stays on until the battery drains... and then once the battery is replaced... then the problems goes away... until the radio decides to stay on again... Be sure to let me know how you resolved the issue... My 2014 Jeep SRT is at the dealer once again... Grrrrr....

Red Suns 01-14-2014 12:44 AM

Running on a another hunch here fellas. The more i think of this, the more i think this may be related to the uconnect system. Try unpairing your phones and any bluetooth devices from the Uconnect/nav and see if this fixes your battery drain issue. I remembered one of parameters that the Uconnect system will not shutdown on despite the ignition being off with the door opening is when the phone function is in use.

I would also try killing the whole uconnect connectivity and app thing while you guys are at it. I have seen nothing but issues with it, although the 2nd to the most recent firmware update to this date has seemed to be pretty stable.